Jazz

Do you have the Shades of Blue album? And if so, are they different enough to warrant having both?
The music in Blue Beginnings was recorded live in 2 sessions on either side of the October recording of Shades Of Blue. It's great to be able to hear how they approach the tracks in a live situation, so it's that element that mostly differentiates it. JIB also included a reproduction copy of the 1965 Shades Of Blue press release which was a really neat touch.

unnamed.jpg

This Strut reissue of Salah Ragab & Cairo Jazz Band's Egypt Strut is an absolute delight! I can't recommend it enough if you're able to find yourself a copy. The music is exciting and, while my system at home is pretty basic, this reissue sounds great to my ears. On a tactile level, the set is just as fabulous: the replica of the original mini liner notes is pretty cool and the new liner notes are a great read.

So far this and Hasaan Ibn Ali's Metaphysics: The Lost Atlantic Album are my favourite historical releases of the year.

View attachment 102367

This Strut reissue of Salah Ragab & Cairo Jazz Band's Egypt Strut is an absolute delight! I can't recommend it enough if you're able to find yourself a copy. The music is exciting and, while my system at home is pretty basic, this reissue sounds great to my ears. On a tactile level, the set is just as fabulous: the replica of the original mini liner notes is pretty cool and the new liner notes are a great read.

So far this and Hasaan Ibn Ali's Metaphysics: The Lost Atlantic Album are my favourite historical releases of the year.

Second time I read a positive review of this release. I'll have to check.

View attachment 102367

I couldn't agree more with this. Its like you are reading my mind as its definitely up there as my favourite historic release alongside the Hasaan as well :ROFLMAO:

The booklet and mini-booklet are fantastic additions as well, they really do add another level to recordings like this. Very very glad I was able to get a copy.

I couldn't agree more with this. Its like you are reading my mind as its definitely up there as my favourite historic release alongside the Hasaan as well :ROFLMAO:

The booklet and mini-booklet are fantastic additions as well, they really do add another level to recordings like this. Very very glad I was able to get a copy.

I ordered this a little while ago based on @avecigrec's recommendation. Of course I had to get a copy of the Nubya Garcia 12 & the Harold Land whilst I was at it. I'm really looking forward to that delivery.

I wasn't going to get any RSDs titles today, just Quiet Kenny (which eluded me), but I've ended up buying loads.

I haven't played yet. Last Wewantsounds reissues of Maintream records for RSD were stunning so this one was another no brainer.

I felt it would get another release later. I overspent as it was, but agree the we want sounds titles have all been good. I might still get it, I'm tempted by the Michel Legrand We Want Sounds as well, but haven't heard either record.

I felt it would get another release later. I overspent as it was, but agree the we want sounds titles have all been good. I might still get it, I'm tempted by the Michel Legrand We Want Sounds as well, but haven't heard either record.

There will be a standard release if this exclusive is sold out. Look what they did with Alice Clark's RSD release a few years ago. Later they did a standard release (no booklet and non gatefold though) and even HHV did another colored variant. No need to worry about this release IMO. I ended buying copy because I like what Modulor does with their different labels and they never disappointed.

Am I the only one who grabbed a copy of Frank Foster - The Loud Minority ?

It's a wonderful album buddy, as we've talked about elsewhere, if I'd got room at home, I'd have had this one above all others. I've got a dodgy Scorpio release which, to be fair, doesn't sound terrible, but I'm delighted for all those getting a top notch release on this. """"We are the LOUD minority!!!!!""""

Back