Jazz

I think a journal's a great idea! The set really is amazing, honestly. I love Jarrett's solo concerts and this period in particular seems like it was his peak. I went through the set sort of fast without listening too close, but I noticed lots of recurring themes and ideas played out and shifted in subtle and really fascinating ways. I plan on going through it again a lot slower over the coming weeks!

And let me know if you do notice any issues. There are a few noisy places that might just need a good cleaning, but that LP3 side 2 was really bad. I'm not sure if it's just my copy and I should clean / ask for replacements or not.

I think I’ll have enough laundry to spend some time with LP3 this weekend.

I think I’ll have enough laundry to spend some time with LP3 this weekend.
Oof, I ventured into Hoffman and apparently people are having issues with their sets, so it's not just mine. I'd give yours a listen through when you can and see if there are any problems. Don't know what the recourse will be-- I got mine from Amazon and they don't have any other copies available. And I don't want to just return it.

I think a journal's a great idea! The set really is amazing, honestly. I love Jarrett's solo concerts and this period in particular seems like it was his peak. I went through the set sort of fast without listening too close, but I noticed lots of recurring themes and ideas played out and shifted in subtle and really fascinating ways. I plan on going through it again a lot slower over the coming weeks!

And let me know if you do notice any issues. There are a few noisy places that might just need a good cleaning, but that LP3 side 2 was really bad. I'm not sure if it's just my copy and I should clean / ask for replacements or not.

I got a few snaps on that record, but probably just cleaning stuff.

Another Ian Carr pre-order to look out for. And this one sure is funky!

Thanks! For US buyers, over 10 Euros less (shipped) ordering from jpc.de

Ok guys, I have a question for the pressing nerds. I've seen several old verve reissue in the series pictured below. This one is pressed in Germany and my guess is from the 70s based on how the vinyl and cover feel. Can't really find anymore information on it. It sounds pretty good to my ears. Just wondering if anyone has anymore information on this series. Might be worth buying more, cause the price was right.
16223720252381316594630027029639.jpg

Ok guys, I have a question for the pressing nerds. I've seen several old verve reissue in the series pictured below. This one is pressed in Germany and my guess is from the 70s based on how the vinyl and cover feel. Can't really find anymore information on it. It sounds pretty good to my ears. Just wondering if anyone has anymore information on this series. Might be worth buying more, cause the price was right.
View attachment 101045

I have a few (Ella, Webster, etc). They sound good and usually run from $1-10 if you like to dig and are not a big pressing or cover snob. Columbia did a similiar thing at times.

Last edited:
I have a few (Ella, Webster, etc). They sound good and usually run from $1-10 if you like to dig and are not a big pressing or cover snob. Columbia did a similiar thing at times.

Yeah my 1976 pressing of her Cole Porter Songbook has a very similar text layout in the upper left corner on the cover with the verve logo on the upper right corner. I got it for $7 on discogs in VG+ condition - there might a few light pops here and there across the 2LP set, but it sounds great overall. I would be interested to know if there's a list somewhere of all of the verve reissues in that series because I'm sure I'd want to pick up a few others, too.

New SdBan releases I totally missed when they came out. I just ordered both three, I am listening the compilation and I am glad I purchased a copy :

Black standard copy only (limited clear red is OOS)

Not limited blue marbeled copy only

Only a few limited grey marbled release available (13 as I write this), black standard also available

The Resonance, Elemental & Reel to Real titles all some well overpriced this RSD. I don't think I'll bother with any of them. I just want the Kenny Dorham this time round (I doubt I'll get it).

Bloody hell this is ridiculous. RSD is getting out of hand. I was really looking forward to this one but for £63 im going to have to reconsider.

Back