Jazz

Ah Ok thanks, I looked at the local list down here and it says 12 June, but could be a fuck up.
I had that and the Roy Hargroves on my list but according to the info my local had they are both in the second drop. Could have been been pushed back (im sure the Hargroves was on the first originally).

I expect this pressing will not saturate the market and will be available once distribution bottlenecks are cleared up. They made 3900 copies and it is an obscure title. The Analogue Productions 33 rpm was available for a long time before it sold out and I expect they made far fewer copies. There are also a ton of great Japanese reissues of this particular title.

Yes it’s quite crazy how suddenly everyone wants this particular title when really its not like there aren’t heaps of other good options out there, Marketing at it’s finest.
I expect this pressing will not saturate the market and will be available once distribution bottlenecks are cleared up. They made 3900 copies and it is an obscure title. The Analogue Productions 33 rpm was available for a long time before it sold out and I expect they made far fewer copies. There are also a ton of great Japanese reissues of this particular title.

Yes it’s quite crazy how suddenly everyone wants this particular title when really its not like there aren’t heaps of other good options out there, Marketing at it’s finest.

To be honest, I don't think any of those options are cheap, the AP definitely isn't. I'm sure there will be more quality represses though, if I bide my time I'll get it at a decent price.

It is one of the few AP 33 rpm reissues I bought.
To be honest, I don't think any of those options are cheap, the AP definitely isn't. I'm sure there will be more quality represses though, if I bide my time I'll get it at a decent price.
I think those discogs prices on the AP 33 rpm are just people fishing. If you look at sold copies, the price is way lower. Plus, it could always come back into print.

Also, do not sleep on the OJC, which can be obtained on the cheap. Most of the OJC titles are all analogue and excellent. As I understand it, there is no true mono of this album and it is only a fold-down created in-studio, unless they used a folded-down tape from a previous fold?

The only thing that could lure me out of my jazz cave might be a one-step copy!

The only thing that could lure me out of my jazz cave might be a one-step copy!
if only Craft was in the One Step Game! Haha some people think the mono RSD release was to drum up interest in a stereo One Step.

as for why it was so popular: so many speculators bought them up to flip because of how Craft has made a name for themselves with the one steps. Outside of that, even then big shops like PlaidRoom didn’t seem to get a ton of copies. It was just a small release. And vinyl buying is at a way different level in terms of the number of people buying audiophile releases than it was when it got an AP release. If AP released it today, I guarantee it would sell out very quickly.

Haven't noticed mention elsewhere but I just saw a couple of pre-order links for Art Pepper (+11 and The Rhythm Section). Mastered by Grundman, Pressed at QRP. £30 each over here. Part of Contemporary Records 70th Anniversary but couldn't find anything else mentioned.

UK links:

Haven't noticed mention elsewhere but I just saw a couple of pre-order links for Art Pepper (+11 and The Rhythm Section). Mastered by Grundman, Pressed at QRP. £30 each over here. Part of Contemporary Records 70th Anniversary but couldn't find anything else mentioned.

UK links:

Oh boy! I'm glad they are starting to do some Contemporary high quality reissues again.

Oh boy! I'm glad they are starting to do some Contemporary high quality reissues again.
Gettin Together, Intensity, Smack Up would be great as well. Are these usually available in the U.S and do they print enough for demand ?

Back