Jazz

Yea--it's pretty pricey though and at 1500 copies...$10 over amazon's price right now. And about $5 more than the one through Monk's site. I think this one is going to be widely available.
Most certainly not an audiophile record either. I can’t find any info about mastering or anything except it was recorded by the janitor. I think the VMP will be around for awhile too so I’m in no hurry. Does anyone have any references to Monk performances around this time? Underground from ‘68 is a very strong late career album but I’m not sure I’ve heard anything else from that time.

Most certainly not an audiophile record either. I can’t find any info about mastering or anything except it was recorded by the janitor. I think the VMP will be around for awhile too so I’m in no hurry. Does anyone have any references to Monk performances around this time? Underground from ‘68 is a very strong late career album but I’m not sure I’ve heard anything else from that time.
His son says it's one of his favorite live performances, but he's also getting royalty checks on it so...hah. One track is available already so should be able to get an idea of the recording quality. I haven't listened to it yet though.

His son says it's one of his favorite live performances, but he's also getting royalty checks on it so...hah. One track is available already so should be able to get an idea of the recording quality. I haven't listened to it yet though.
Will probably only be picking this up if it hits swaps. Don’t know why but Monk’s playing style rarely clicks with me. I really enjoying Monks Dream and the MØNK lost album but other than that he’s been very hit or miss for me.

Who wants to see something really devastating..... :(

View attachment 52799
bekphnqftcb41.jpg

What a bummer! Made all the worse with nothing else to listen to. ;)
Hahaha I know im not in a position to feel hard done by, but this was the one from Resonance that I was really after (I added 2 comps to make the postage a little more bearable). Hoping they will be able to make it right, but its been out of stock for so long I will be surprised if they have spares at this point.

Hahaha I know im not in a position to feel hard done by, but this was the one from Resonance that I was really after (I added 2 comps to make the postage a little more bearable). Hoping they will be able to make it right, but its been out of stock for so long I will be surprised if they have spares at this point.

Yikes. And from what I can see of the grooves in your photo, it's not just a misplaced label, but two of the same records?

Yikes. And from what I can see of the grooves in your photo, it's not just a misplaced label, but two of the same records?
Yep, 2 copies of the 2nd disk. Really annoying as it took a while to get to me and I was hit with customs charges as well. So now if they refund the Bill Evans record (as I'm not sure they will have a replacement) it means I will of ended up buying 2 comps for a really inflated price :rolleyes:

I'm not entirely sure how they can be doing an AAA A Love Supreme though? Supposedly only the 1st press is from original master tapes. I was also under the impression that everything past that was copies of tapes and that a lot got lost in that fire?
Fremer expanded a little more in the comments. Sounds like he actually talked to Chad about it instead of going off a press release.

Screenshot_20200620-104325.png

Screenshot_20200620-103839.png

Anyone have insight into tracking shipments from Sam Records? I've seen people in the US posting they received the new Jazz Messengers live album already, but mine has only said that La Poste received the package on the 15th, but no movement since then. I'm trying to determine if this is just a COVID thing or if La Poste tracking updates just suck and that I should be watching for it to arrive unannounced.

Anyone have insight into tracking shipments from Sam Records? I've seen people in the US posting they received the new Jazz Messengers live album already, but mine has only said that La Poste received the package on the 15th, but no movement since then. I'm trying to determine if this is just a COVID thing or if La Poste tracking updates just suck and that I should be watching for it to arrive unannounced.
I didn't even realise that you could track your order.Do you get an email with tracking once its been posted?

Can't be much help there unfortunately. I haven't ordered anything from them direct in a while. They are now available through Acoustic Sounds FYI. I'm not 100% sure that La Poste's tracking follows it all the way to the US.

Can't be much help there unfortunately. I haven't ordered anything from them direct in a while. They are now available through Acoustic Sounds FYI. I'm not 100% sure that La Poste's tracking follows it all the way to the US.
Oh sure, I wouldn't expect it to follow to the US. My experience is usually that foreign country tracking will give updates till it hits the airport then will give you info on how to continue tracking to whoever they handed off to. This just shows it as sitting at the original office Fred ships from without moving for the last week.

I didn't even realise that you could track your order.Do you get an email with tracking once its been posted?

Yeah, I got mine once I'd emailed after two weeks of hearing nothing. It hands off to Parcelforce in the UK. @johnpisme - I don't know if this wil work for you but this universal tracker I use lists all the agencies tracking it so you can often see the next local carrier and even a different tracking number if it changes.

Back