Jazz

Yeah, I got mine once I'd emailed after two weeks of hearing nothing. It hands off to Parcelforce in the UK. @johnpisme - I don't know if this wil work for you but this universal tracker I use lists all the agencies tracking it so you can often see the next local carrier and even a different tracking number if it changes.
Perfect, thanks. I stupidly didnt set up an account before ordering, so I made one today and messaged Sams to see if I would still receive tracking even though I just made the account.

I LOVE Parcelapp, its so useful and way better than most of the shipping companies standard system.

As a side note, UPS has had real problems in the UK at the moment (for me anyway). I bought a couple of box sets from a seller 2 days apart (so they were sent in 2 packages) with each being next day delivery with UPS. That was last Monday and they still haven't arrived. Today the tracking showed that it needed to be picked up from their depot miles away from me. The seller was on hold for an hour before getting through and asking what was going on. Looks like it's going to be delivered tomorrow now but overall it's pretty bad service considering how much the seller paid for the shipping.

Perfect, thanks. I stupidly didnt set up an account before ordering, so I made one today and messaged Sams to see if I would still receive tracking even though I just made the account.

I LOVE Parcelapp, its so useful and way better than most of the shipping companies standard system.

As a side note, UPS has had real problems in the UK at the moment (for me anyway). I bought a couple of box sets from a seller 2 days apart (so they were sent in 2 packages) with each being next day delivery with UPS. That was last Monday and they still haven't arrived. Today the tracking showed that it needed to be picked up from their depot miles away from me. The seller was on hold for an hour before getting through and asking what was going on. Looks like it's going to be delivered tomorrow now but overall it's pretty bad service considering how much the seller paid for the shipping.

I've struggled a bit with all services tbh which is understandable. Royal Mail has been the worst. I've had stuff stuck at my local sorting office for 10 days. My postie is brilliant, I mentioned it to him and he finished his round, went and found it amongst all the other packages and brought it to me later in the afternoon. Everything's turning up, just much slower than normal.

Just came across Rainy Days Records, it's a Russian label putting out some really solid jazz records, and some of their projects have some good looking vinyl available. Worth checking out if you are not familiar.

Yeah, I got mine once I'd emailed after two weeks of hearing nothing. It hands off to Parcelforce in the UK. @johnpisme - I don't know if this wil work for you but this universal tracker I use lists all the agencies tracking it so you can often see the next local carrier and even a different tracking number if it changes.
Thanks for this! Had no idea there were universal trackers. This confirms it is still sitting at it's initial location and gives an estimated arrival date of today. I'm thinking nows the time to send an inquiry to La Poste.

Has anyone checked out this record by Mette Henriette? ECM Records (Looks like it's a 2015 title.)

I'm curious about it, but not enough to spring for it without first seeing whether anyone here might have heard it.

Last edited:
International Anthem just announced their latest...

Anteloper (jaimie branch & Jason Nazary) - Tour Beats Vol. 1

Bandcamp: Tour Beats Vol. 1, by Anteloper

0020588050_10.jpg

Just came across Rainy Days Records, it's a Russian label putting out some really solid jazz records, and some of their projects have some good looking vinyl available. Worth checking out if you are not familiar.

Cool. This looks good @Tj. Thanl you for the recommendation as I was not familiar with this label.

Oh sure, I wouldn't expect it to follow to the US. My experience is usually that foreign country tracking will give updates till it hits the airport then will give you info on how to continue tracking to whoever they handed off to. This just shows it as sitting at the original office Fred ships from without moving for the last week.
I'd keep an eye on it. I had some stuff come from overseas recently and they just showed up on the doorstep.
Sams Records has another release availble for pre-order. The sample tracks sound great!

Jef Gilson – Jef Gilson a Gaveau – SFP 10.004 – 1965 – Out on August 15th – samrecords
I'm so glad everybody is on the Sam Records train now. They have been and are continuing to put out some awesome titles!

I'd keep an eye on it. I had some stuff come from overseas recently and they just showed up on the doorstep.

I'm so glad everybody is on the Sam Records train now. They have been and are continuing to put out some awesome titles!
I cant wait for my order to arrive. I keep listening to the sample tracks and have been seeing people regularly post about how good they are over on various social media platforms.

I cant wait for my order to arrive. I keep listening to the sample tracks and have been seeing people regularly post about how good they are over on various social media platforms.
Those people are probably all me 😂 😂 . I always praise them when people ask for good reissue labels. Hope your copies arrive soon! I think you'll dig them.

Back