Jazz

Sorry if this particular info has been shared before, but a vinyl shop I have bought from in the past sent out this info regarding the Acoustic Sounds reissue series. He has them priced at £35 each (he prices Tone Poets at £37 so its comparable). Im going to be waiting from them to hopefully drop in price personally. I haven't paid near £30 for a Tone Poet yet so hoping these drop as well.

Acoustic Sounds Audiophile Vinyl Reissue Series:

July 31 / Verve Records
· Stan Getz and João Gilberto – Getz/Gilberto (1964) 00602508688027
· Louis Armstrong and Oscar Peterson – Louis Armstrong Meets Oscar Peterson (1959) 00602508687853

August 28 / Impulse! Records
· John Coltrane – Ballads (1963) 00602508889301
· John Coltrane – A Love Supreme (1964) 00602508889288

September 25 / Philips Records
· Nina Simone – I Put A Spell On You (1965) 00602507274658
· Nina Simone – Pastel Blues (1965) 00602507190828

October 30 / EmArcy Records
· Sarah Vaughan – Sarah Vaughan (with Clifford Brown) (1954) 00602507352578
· Clifford Brown and Max Roach – Study In Brown (1955) 00602507352448

December 4 / Decca Records
· Peggy Lee – Black Coffee (1956)
· George Russell – New York, N.Y. (1959)

Sorry if this particular info has been shared before, but a vinyl shop I have bought from in the past sent out this info regarding the Acoustic Sounds reissue series. He has them priced at £35 each (he prices Tone Poets at £37 so its comparable). Im going to be waiting from them to hopefully drop in price personally. I haven't paid near £30 for a Tone Poet yet so hoping these drop as well.

Acoustic Sounds Audiophile Vinyl Reissue Series:

July 31 / Verve Records
· Stan Getz and João Gilberto – Getz/Gilberto (1964) 00602508688027
· Louis Armstrong and Oscar Peterson – Louis Armstrong Meets Oscar Peterson (1959) 00602508687853

August 28 / Impulse! Records
· John Coltrane – Ballads (1963) 00602508889301
· John Coltrane – A Love Supreme (1964) 00602508889288

September 25 / Philips Records
· Nina Simone – I Put A Spell On You (1965) 00602507274658
· Nina Simone – Pastel Blues (1965) 00602507190828

October 30 / EmArcy Records
· Sarah Vaughan – Sarah Vaughan (with Clifford Brown) (1954) 00602507352578
· Clifford Brown and Max Roach – Study In Brown (1955) 00602507352448

December 4 / Decca Records
· Peggy Lee – Black Coffee (1956)
· George Russell – New York, N.Y. (1959)

I might start this collection as well. I don't know what to do with Getz/Gilberto though as I bought the AP press a year ago.

I might start this collection as well. I don't know what to do with Getz/Gilberto though as I bought the AP press a year ago.
Im thinking of doing the same. I wont double up on what I already have (although if A Love Supreme turns out to be something really special I might pick it up when it drops in price). I have been doing the same with the Tone Poets, im skipping The Cooker because I have a good first mono pressing, and dont really see the need to get them.

With the Tone Poets I tend to wait a few months and they usually drop by quite a bit (although I have yet to find 'decent' prices in the UK for The Prisoner onwards yet). I dont think this new series is limited either, so no need to rush in there.

Keep that pressing! It sounds wonderful! I’m keeping mine and won’t pick up the Getz/Gilberto reissue! I’ll be replacing my Nina Simone and John Coltrane records however with these Acoustic Sounds reissues! ☺️

Im thinking of doing the same. I wont double up on what I already have (although if A Love Supreme turns out to be something really special I might pick it up when it drops in price). I have been doing the same with the Tone Poets, im skipping The Cooker because I have a good first mono pressing, and dont really see the need to get them.

With the Tone Poets I tend to wait a few months and they usually drop by quite a bit (although I have yet to find 'decent' prices in the UK for The Prisoner onwards yet). I dont think this new series is limited either, so no need to rush in there.

Same for me. I give a look at my Dodax want lists every day and wait for possible 3x2 deals on Amazon or wherever. Actually I recently bought The Prisoner from Amazon US with Comin' Your Way and Poppin'. I'll let you know if I see something cheap, sales are starting in France mid-July. I don't own OG records so I am buying every single reissue from these series and I am more than happy to upgrade my De Agostini French reissue with a AAA reissue.

Thing with Getz/Gilberto is that AP reissue is pressed at 45rpm and I prefere 33rpm. I guess it will depend on the price (or the deal) on this record.

Oh I would keep the records anyway. It's one of my very favorite album.
Omg No Way! Knowing that it’s one of your very favourite albums Skalap makes me wanna go “This is one of my favourites too”! I’m going to spin the album tomorrow and I think it will end up being one of my favourites as well, because you love it so dearly much! ♥️♥️♥️

If anyone sees those John Coltrane AP 33rpm reissues (Ballads/Love Supreme) for sale or preorder in the US at places other than Target.com, please let me know. That's the only place I can find them now, and the price of $27 per title is very reasonable. Just don't want to risk ordering from them given their variable shipping methods for records.

My understanding is that the mastering is the same and was cut at the same time as the 45rpm. So, I would only pick it up if you want a 33 instead to reduce flipping time.

I picked up Time Out 33rpm and a few other things during the 15% off sale at AP-- and holy crap. Time Out sounds incredible. I have an OG copy, but this blows it out of the water. I knew people always talked about how good it sounded, but man, I'm really impressed.

I just got an e-mail from VMP letting me know that Blossom Dearie is coming back for swaps or I can buy one a la carte. If anyone is still a member and wants that one, keep an eye out!

Back