Jazz

Those are UK exclusives.
Try one of these stores:

If I remember correctly Norman, Piccadilly and Resident should be the cheapest when it comes to international shipping.
Resident is who I went with (although im in the UK so shipping was not a lot). They're really great guys over there, might be worth popping them an email to inquire.

God damn, I have to hand it to them.....VMP have really smashed it with all these Jazz exclusives lately.
I know...but credit where credit is due. I grabbed the Tapscott exclusive but then saw it's released elsewhere. I have been holding onto my 1 month sub for classics only but don't think I'll want it this month...so will swap for this if available.

I know...but credit where credit is due. I grabbed the Tapscott exclusive but then saw it's released elsewhere. I have been holding onto my 1 month sub for classics only but don't think I'll want it this month...so will swap for this if available.
It’s interesting because with most VMP exclusives I find that they usually end up being the same amount or cheaper than other places, almost always because of the free postage. That discount helped a lot as well 😂

from what i've seen, you just have to order through one of the stores that receives copies. don't know what stores have the most affordable shipping though.

Ordered mine from Norman. Fairly reasonable shipping to the US. Resident is always more I'm pretty sure.

Has anyone here heard the teaser tracks for Pat Petheney's new record? Pat is a bit of hit or miss for me. He sure is a very talented player, but he seems to vary his sound and approach from album to album, and some of those are just not my cup of tea. I streamed the teaser tracks on his Bandcamp, and they sound really good to me. The band is playing really tight and dynamic, and the orchestration adds a nice touch of drama to the tunes. I pre-ordered the vinyl hoping the rest of the album is just as good.

Sun Ra 'sclusie. Wonder if this will get a general release (I'm guessing it does and haven't really googled yet).
Looks like it's a Modern Harmonic release. Amazon has a pre-order listing too.

Any indication of when the Sun Ra is supposed to ship?
Regular release is set for early April, I imagine it will be similar for the VMP version.

It is strange that the last few VMP exclusives have not listed a shipping month.
The records can't be late if the customer doesn't know when they are meant to ship out...

highresrollsafe.jpg

ceb9b162-5a53-40df-82e6-23f7cc68d95d.jpg

We are excited to announce a pre-order for the 2nd edition of "Muriel Grossmann - Golden Rule", due to limited availability and a very high demand observed to the 1st edition. The 1st edition of 400 copies is long time sold out. This album received favorable reviews from music lovers worldwide (please read some of them below). Recently GOLDEN RULE made it to the spot #4 in the JAZZ ALBUM OF THE YEAR CATEGORY for the 2020 Gilles Peterson Worldwide Awards - Thank you for voting! It also received an honorable mention by UKVIBE as the Best Jazz Album of 2018.

Edition #2 is limited to 1000 copies and comes with a beautiful Golden Foiled title, which distinguishes it from the earlier pressing. Thanks to your precious support it was possible to use Gold Foil Printing Technique, as we wanted initially but couldn‘t follow through during the preparation of 1st edition! And we are eternally grateful to you for making all this possible.

Full album is also available on all streaming platforms. CD version can be purchased from Muriel's bandcamp.

MURIEL GROSSMANN Quintet on tour
February 29, 2020 - 9 pm - ALICE, Copenhagen, Denmark
March 6, 2020 - 9 pm - HEART, Ibiza, Spain - JAZZ POINT IBIZA 2020. Featuring Joe Sanders on upright bass
August 20, 2020 - WE OUT HERE festival - Abbots Ripton, Cambridgeshire, UK
October 09, 2020 - CHURCH OF SOUND, London, UK (to be confirmed)
October 10, 2020 - BRIGHTON ALTERNATIVE FESTIVAL, Brighton, UK (to be confirmed)

You can keep up to date with Muriel's concert dates on her official website.

CLICK HERE TO PRE-ORDER

IMPORTNAT NOTICE

Record will be officially released on the 9th of March. You can redeem this personal code for your order - RRGEMS05 - which gives a 5 EUR discount for 'GOLDEN RULE' 2LP (code expires on March 9).

We expect to start shipping pre-orders on the last week of February.

View attachment 33170

We are excited to announce a pre-order for the 2nd edition of "Muriel Grossmann - Golden Rule", due to limited availability and a very high demand observed to the 1st edition. The 1st edition of 400 copies is long time sold out. This album received favorable reviews from music lovers worldwide (please read some of them below). Recently GOLDEN RULE made it to the spot #4 in the JAZZ ALBUM OF THE YEAR CATEGORY for the 2020 Gilles Peterson Worldwide Awards - Thank you for voting! It also received an honorable mention by UKVIBE as the Best Jazz Album of 2018.

Edition #2 is limited to 1000 copies and comes with a beautiful Golden Foiled title, which distinguishes it from the earlier pressing. Thanks to your precious support it was possible to use Gold Foil Printing Technique, as we wanted initially but couldn‘t follow through during the preparation of 1st edition! And we are eternally grateful to you for making all this possible.

Full album is also available on all streaming platforms. CD version can be purchased from Muriel's bandcamp.

March 6, 2020 - 9 pm - HEART, Ibiza, Spain - JAZZ POINT IBIZA 2020. Featuring Joe Sanders on upright bass
October 10, 2020 - BRIGHTON ALTERNATIVE FESTIVAL, Brighton, UK (to be confirmed)

CLICK HERE TO PRE-ORDER

IMPORTNAT NOTICE

Record will be officially released on the 9th of March. You can redeem this personal code for your order - RRGEMS05 - which gives a 5 EUR discount for 'GOLDEN RULE' 2LP (code expires on March 9).

THANK YOU @Mr Moore!!!! I've been waiting for this for ages, so glad its getting the repress. £35 is certainly on the pricey side but well worth it if its the same quality as Reverence. Now to snag tickets to her Church Of Sound gig when they become available....

View attachment 33170

CLICK HERE TO PRE-ORDER

IMPORTNAT NOTICE

Thanks for sharing @Mr Moore I've been waiting for this one :)
£31.25 inc shipping with the €5 discount added (which is a nice touch).
Probably the top end of what I'll pay for a release but this one's certainly worth it the amount I've streamed it over the last year and a bit.

Im sure you will all be sick of me posting about Moses Boyd's new album, but I have to say the Dinked package is superb. 2 Grey Lp's, foil inner sleeves, and the big flag wrap. Heres a few photos showing how it arrived and the extras etc:

View attachment 33010
View attachment 33011
View attachment 33012

Don't you think the flag is super annoying? It's a rubbish wrap, it takes ages to fold and then it just falls off anyway. I don't know what to do with it. My wife put it in the linen cupboard.🤣

Don't you think the flag is super annoying? It's a rubbish wrap, it takes ages to fold and then it just falls off anyway. I don't know what to do with it. My wife put it in the linen cupboard.🤣
I think it was definitely a one-time wrap for me. I just folded it up and its sat on the side at the moment. I imagine I will keep it folded and put it in the outersleeve, like you said it would be pretty annoying to wrap it up each time haha.

Back