Jazz

Wow, I emailed HJs to let them know the situation and I don't know how true this is but it seems like I may not be alone and this is the reason HJs think:

"Disgracefully PayPal is obstructing purchases because it doesn’t like the name ‘Rashied Ali’."

I hope this isn't true but I can't say I'll be totally surprised if it is.
Paypal have indeed gone ahead and reversed the transaction stating:

Unfortunately, this transaction has been declined after we found a risk associated with your payment. We are therefore not able to complete this particular transaction.

I’ve now tried to pay HJs directly using their email address as the recipient and PayPal have put a temporary pending on that as well. Maybe I’m destined to never have these bloody records.

EDIT: also tried phoning PayPal and their hold time was 21-31 hours!!!!
I think something is going on with PayPal. I just had this exact same thing happen with me for Me Against the World. And that was directly to the label, so i dont think it is PayPal singling him out.

Received a big order from International Anthem yesterday. Makaya’s “In The Moment” deluxe smoke edition, Jeff Parker “Suite for Max Brown” and Alabaster DePlume “To Cy & Lee”. Have only had a chance to listen to one side of the DePlume and it is just absolutely beautiful. Can’t wait to sit down and listen to the whole thing.

Received a big order from International Anthem yesterday. Makaya’s “In The Moment” deluxe smoke edition, Jeff Parker “Suite for Max Brown” and Alabaster DePlume “To Cy & Lee”. Have only had a chance to listen to one side of the DePlume and it is just absolutely beautiful. Can’t wait to sit down and listen to the whole thing.
Im heading into town later to hunt down a standard copy of the Jeff Parker album (I doubt they will have the coloured version). I've always enjoyed the Angel Bat Dawid as well. Could be an expensive day unless I control myself.

Im heading into town later to hunt down a standard copy of the Jeff Parker album (I doubt they will have the coloured version). I've always enjoyed the Angel Bat Dawid as well. Could be an expensive day unless I control myself.
I had the color version of Jeff Parker in my cart on bandcamp for a few weeks it seemed...and when I finally went to pull the trigger, it was sold out. ended up with the regular black version but got the color versions of Alabaster + Makaya.

I had the color version of Jeff Parker in my cart on bandcamp for a few weeks it seemed...and when I finally went to pull the trigger, it was sold out. ended up with the regular black version but got the color versions of Alabaster + Makaya.
Its usually too costly for me to buy International Anthem records from their bandcamp (international shipping is killer) otherwise I would of picked up most the colour pressings, they are among the best I have seen. I did buy the coloured Makaya and its stunning, you are in for a treat buddy!

Its usually too costly for me to buy International Anthem records from their bandcamp (international shipping is killer) otherwise I would of picked up most the colour pressings, they are among the best I have seen. I did buy the coloured Makaya and its stunning, you are in for a treat buddy!
Excited to give it a spin! It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm taking the day off. I had 6 or 7 records arrive yesterday so I'll have a little listening session :cool:

Gil Evans- Out of the Cool (Analogue Productions 45 RPM) is back as limited stock at Acoustic Sounds Gil Evans-Out Of The Cool-45 RPM Vinyl Record|Acoustic Sounds

I think we should all appreciate how fucking great Gil Evans was too. Obviously check this one out if you haven’t, it’s considered his masterpiece in addition to the stuff he did with Miles. Also check out The Individualism of Gil Evans which is possibly my favorite, as well as the World Pacific albums.

Sharing this Discogs seller page with you. They
Excited to give it a spin! It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm taking the day off. I had 6 or 7 records arrive yesterday so I'll have a little listening session :cool:

Happy Birthday! Nothing is best than taking a day off on a birthday. Actually there is: taking two days off.

Back