Jazz

Not super familiar with Toshiko Akitoshi, but bought this on a whim earlier today at a Half Priced Books off the track list alone.

CECBC2EC-8E84-4165-BBA4-5CF99DDA0222.jpeg

Nothing but straight fire off of this record.

Anyone know anything about her? A quick wiki search claims she was pretty much discovered by Oscar Peterson, but don’t know why she isn’t discussed more in the deeper jazz forums.

Probably because she's a women . . sadly .
Not super familiar with Toshiko Akitoshi, but bought this on a whim earlier today at a Half Priced Books off the track list alone.

View attachment 32386

Anyone know anything about her? A quick wiki search claims she was pretty much discovered by Oscar Peterson, but don’t know why she isn’t discussed more in the deeper jazz forums.

View attachment 32386

I placed an order for a few J-Jazz records today, including her second album "Her Trio, Her Quartet". The album was first released in 1956 on Storyville and then reissued in 1974 in Japan (the version I ordered) . Roy Haines plays on a few track.

I placed an order for a few J-Jazz records today, including her second album "Her Trio, Her Quartet". The album was first released in 1956 on Storyville and then reissued in 1974 in Japan (the version I ordered) . Roy Haines plays on a few track.
She’s truly a great artist. I’m definitely going to start looking for a few of her records moving forward.

Is there anybody out there...
...who might be attending this Alabaster DePlume’s performance this Friday night in London and could help me out?
I’d be truly grateful if you could get me a copy of this lovely record:
View attachment 32468
And of course, I’m paying for a drink. :giggle:
Oh man I never thought of asking on here. I saw them post it on Instagram earlier and it looks amazing.

I will also ask the same on the off chance that there’s more than one person going please!

Newport Jazz Fest lineup announcement!
88k41xsz8cg41.jpg

Well, here we go:
So torn on this...it's up for presale on Amazon as well but is $35...and this is limited to 500. Anybody know when the album will be on streaming? I only see the vinyl is out end of April.

Back