Jazz

My Parker arrived direct from the label this afternoon. Agreed, sounds fantastic.

Speaking of International Anthem, this Pitchfork piece will likely be of interest to some:

“There’s going to be a lot of energy and emotions and people trying to topple over the fucking fascists running our country. We want to be putting out music that’s fueling the fire.”

Taking on thrill Jockey eh?

I like that Mauzurek album.

So what are the absolute must own International Anthem releases? I own Damon Locks and Jaimie Branch Fly or Die and I preordered the To Cy & Lee. What do I NEED

So what are the absolute must own International Anthem releases? I own Damon Locks and Jaimie Branch Fly or Die and I preordered the To Cy & Lee. What do I NEED
Got any Makaya McCraven? If not then I would say thats what you should look for next, fantastic stuff. Below is a list decending from his latest release:

Makaya McCraven - In The Moment
Makaya McCraven ‎– Where We Come From (Chicago X London Mixtape)
Makaya McCraven ‎– Universal Beings
Makaya McCraven - Highly Rare

I would agree with others, you need some Makaya (maybe start with either ‘Universal Beings’ or ‘In the Moment’) and both of the Jaime Branch albums (‘Fly or Die I and II) are also excellent.

Have you been to see Parker at the regular gig he has in highland park?
I scratched my head for a minute and then I realize that you were talking about LA's Highland Park. I thought, "I didn't think Jeff Parker moved back here." I've been fortunate to see him for now, yikes, a couple of decades when he lived here. I still dig his first couple of records, though I've yet to hear his latest.

Not sure if it’s been posted, but looks like Plaid Room has the best price for the Chet Baker and Grant Green Tone Poets. $26 a pop. Order both and get free shipping:

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered Nigeria and Lonnie Smith live at club Mozambique.

I scratched my head for a minute and then I realize that you were talking about LA's Highland Park. I thought, "I didn't think Jeff Parker moved back here." I've been fortunate to see him for now, yikes, a couple of decades when he lived here. I still dig his first couple of records, though I've yet to hear his latest.

Ive mostly seen him with Tortoise in LA. He does little regular gigs around LA, but when he moved here I was in school and then moved to the burbs with my wife and kid. As a result don't get into the city much.

If anyone balked at the $60 price tag for the Nat Birchall - Live at Larissa reissue ($40 + $20 shipping to America!) on bandcamp, I ran across Dusty Grooves selling it on their site for $40 shipped. Not bad for a 2LP that's been going for $100+!

Back