It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Footballers just need to not have arms. Fix the handball rule.

The rule is awful but at least they're kind of being consistent across all games. My blood would be boiling if they gave that in one game and not the next.

This one has definitely been the worst one I've seen yet as Dier has his back turned and gets pushed onto the ball, so you have to feel for them.

Forget the spurs peno. City were battered! And they were all proper penos 😂! Glad I transferred in Maddison, gutted I didn’t have Vardy in there. Tempted to swap him in for Harry Kane but that’d put the no goals curse on him and I want that to remain on spurs for next week!

Last edited:
That is not the easy draw I’m accustomed to, don’t they know who we are, they’ve given city our group 😂
Used up all the bribe funds on PL refs 😎😎😎

Tbf Leipzig haven’t been as threatening since losing Werner and PSG have been kinda bad since the beginning of the Ligue 1 season. Just don’t make any mistakes and I think you should advance.

I finally got around to watching the Leicester/City game and wow, Leicester looks gooooodd this year. Jamie Vardy is on fire.
I think City will struggle again this season. Pep just does seem to ever know what to do with his Defence. They keep spending ridiculous sums of money on defenders but his system is so exploitable if you can resist their fast-passing.

I think City will struggle again this season. Pep just does seem to ever know what to do with his Defence. They keep spending ridiculous sums of money on defenders but his system is so exploitable if you can resist their fast-passing.

I think he knows exactly what he wants to do but he’s been hit by two things. One, his system relies hugely on a mobile and tactically aware holding midfielder who knows how to commit tactical fouls. Fernandinho isn’t getting any younger sadly for city fans. Two. Both Manchester teams, who were the two English teams to go into the European competition mini-tournament final stages in August, look off the pace match fitness wise. Both rely on the high press and as they aren’t quite there yet fitness wise their centre halves are being exposed.

I don’t think that city have deep structural issues and their players are too good for them not to get it right, it just might already be too late for this year. That said even though I’d imagine the scousers are very short odds for the title they too look like they can be got at on the counter. There are so many strange and unknown things happening in the league this year that I’m not going to be quite to write anything happening just yet...

There are so many strange and unknown things happening in the league this year that I’m not going to be quite to write anything happening just yet...
Yeah agreed. Liverpool (and Everton) are undefeated right now, but I don't see Liverpool running away with the league like the did last season. It's possible they could, but I think the good teams (Pool, City) have regressed slightly, and everyone else strengthened.

Yeah agreed. Liverpool (and Everton) are undefeated right now, but I don't see Liverpool running away with the league like the did last season. It's possible they could, but I think the good teams (Pool, City) have regressed slightly, and everyone else strengthened.

I don’t know that they’ve regressed. I don’t necessarily see a huge jump forward from the sides below yet either, beyond maybe arsenal who really do impress me under Arteta. Everton look much better too but defo still off the bigger 6 teams, let’s judge them once they’ve played someone. With the extra shortened pre-season for the big guns I think we won’t be able to see a true pattern emerging until maybe even after the November international window.

Brewster has more value. Origi probably should've been sold last season when he was at the highest value possible. I think they would've sold Origi already if they could get what they wanted for him. I'm just glad they got Jota as first on. He's been electric so far. Shaqiri and Grujic are supposed to be moving on soon. It won't shock me to see Origi gone before the window closes on Monday or as some sort of loan out.

Back