It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Brewster has more value. Origi probably should've been sold last season when he was at the highest value possible. I think they would've sold Origi already if they could get what they wanted for him. I'm just glad they got Jota as first on. He's been electric so far. Shaqiri and Grujic are supposed to be moving on soon. It won't shock me to see Origi gone before the window closes on Monday or as some sort of loan out.

Are you that hard up that value is the issue? And that you need a sum, in the modern game, as small as £23.5 million so much! I’d be very worried financially if that’s the case! Looking at the 11 if I was a fan I’d like to see Brewster eased in as the Salah alternative this year and Origi frozen out, you’re not going to sell him for any really money!

I don't know as I'm not Michael Edwards. I know he was trying to recoup transfer fees to pay for the Jota, Thiago and Tsimikas signings. I'd imagine with Covid taking away the money Liverpool would've normally received at the gate, they wanted to keep the budget as tight as possible to ensure the club wasn't living beyond its means given we have no idea how long the stadiums will be without supporters. I'd also imagine FSG wanting the budget to be steady given the multifront hit that they are taking with American sports being fan less. Hell, I was shocked that Jota was purchased given how dire things were sounding from Klopp on transfers.

I wanted Rhian to stay but from what I've read, he wouldn't have gotten as much seasoning or chances as he'd need to force himself more into the lineup. He'll get a chance to shine at Sheffield United. The transfer has a buy back option so if he starts getting to the point where they might want to bring him back, it could be an option. As Mane and Salah get up in age or if they choose to leave the club, they could revisit bringing Rhian back. I'm sure they would've preferred a loan out with Sheffield United but I wouldn't take that deal if I was Sheffield either.

I don't know as I'm not Michael Edwards. I know he was trying to recoup transfer fees to pay for the Jota, Thiago and Tsimikas signings. I'd imagine with Covid taking away the money Liverpool would've normally received at the gate, they wanted to keep the budget as tight as possible to ensure the club wasn't living beyond its means given we have no idea how long the stadiums will be without supporters. I'd also imagine FSG wanting the budget to be steady given the multifront hit that they are taking with American sports being fan less. Hell, I was shocked that Jota was purchased given how dire things were sounding from Klopp on transfers.

I wanted Rhian to stay but from what I've read, he wouldn't have gotten as much seasoning or chances as he'd need to force himself more into the lineup. He'll get a chance to shine at Sheffield United. The transfer has a buy back option so if he starts getting to the point where they might want to bring him back, it could be an option. As Mane and Salah get up in age or if they choose to leave the club, they could revisit bringing Rhian back. I'm sure they would've preferred a loan out with Sheffield United but I wouldn't take that deal if I was Sheffield either.

Seasoning? Has Chris Wilder promised to sprinkle salt and pepper on him weekly? Whatever floats your boat I suppose...

I don’t know why Sheffield United wouldn’t have taken a loan?

Will that fucker Arteta not settle on a back 3. Keep getting caught out with his bloody tinkering. Hope they concede now...

And what on Earth was Harry Maguire playing at there? Two defences half asleep so far...

dumb by Martial but Lamela is a little pussy and each of them did the same. Elbow tap in the neck worse than hand tap on the face? Neither are yellows, never mind reds, but if one is both are. Absolute joke. Our defence is shit so down to 10 this could end up being comical.

For fucks sake ole the game was lost at 3. Bring on lindeloff for Greenwood and damage limitation. We can’t allow ourselves to be more humiliated.

Also I hope Martial is waiting for Lamela in the tunnel to earn his red card.

dumb by Martial but Lamela is a little pussy and each of them did the same. Elbow tap in the neck worse than hand tap on the face? Neither are yellows, never mind reds, but if one is both are. Absolute joke. Our defence is shit so down to 10 this could end up being comical.
Agreed, can’t believe Lamela got away with that.

I never have, and never will call for a managers head, it’s a hard and thankless task even when you’re being supported, which he hasn't been this summer. Even Jose who I really didn’t want in the first place.

I’d quite happily never set eyes on the cancerous Glazier leeches and that out of his depth fool Woodward again!

Back