It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Haha, I'm not saying it wasn't deserved, but I do think it's fair to wonder how much of their good form since the restart is tied to penalty luck. They certainly look better, but I'd still be curious to see how the non-pen xG compares before and after.

I mean you get penalties from having dangerous attackers on the ball in the box and xG is highly controversial and quite frankly, bullshit.

I mean you get penalties from having dangerous attackers on the ball in the box and xG is highly controversial and quite frankly, bullshit.

Looks like someone already put in the work. ManU were the only extreme outlier (EPL) in pens awarded as a function of touches in the area. It's reasonable to think that's not sustainable.

I find xG to be a very good measure of how often teams get the ball in good areas and it can tell you how well a team has done with finishing.

Looks like someone already put in the work. ManU were the only extreme outlier (EPL) in pens awarded as a function of touches in the area. It's reasonable to think that's not sustainable.

I find xG to be a very good measure of how often teams get the ball in good areas and it can tell you how well a team has done with finishing.

oh we absolutely were. The weird thing is that after lockdown the one against Villa was the only one that I thought was soft so 🤷🏻‍♂️. I think a lot of it is to do with the pace of the front three, teams with lots of penalties tend to have at least one pacy front man that draws desperate challenges.

Yeah I have no interest in endless stats and made up metrics, I find them boring and often unhelpful in analysing a match, I prefer to rely on what I have learnt from watching the game for more than 30 years!

@here will we be setting up another FPL league for this season? I believe you can already set up squads and everything in the app. I don’t know how to do it so just wondering if who did it last season will do it again.
I don't remember who set it up, but I just created one for everyone to join

This is an amazing Europa League final at the moment. 2-2 after only 35 minutes. Turn it on if you’re not already watching.

It's looking like Inter and both sides of Manchester are most seriously interested. Unless he goes home to Newell's.
I think City is most likely. Pep and Aguero are already there, it makes the most sense. He’ll still want decent wages. I don’t think he’s ready to go back to Argentina yet, he’s still too good. I mean, remove Lewandowski and he’s a good shout for his 7th Balon d’Or. if they were still having them this year obviously.

OR! This is just a power move to get new management/board members at Barcelona, and he’d stay if they made some huge changes.

I think City is most likely. Pep and Aguero are already there, it makes the most sense. He’ll still want decent wages. I don’t think he’s ready to go back to Argentina yet, he’s still too good. I mean, remove Lewandowski and he’s a good shout for his 7th Balon d’Or. if they were still having them this year obviously.

OR! This is just a power move to get new management/board members at Barcelona, and he’d stay if they made some huge changes.

If I was betting I’d actually put my money on inter, I don’t seem him at city for whatever reason. He won’t end up as United. I think a lot of these links are a futile attempt to scare Dortmund into dropping the Sancho price, which won’t work.

Back