It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Phew! Didn’t play well again, but the result is all that matters and I’ll take 3rd and champions league. Fernandes looked cream crackered, need an alternative so that he can be rested, a right winger a centre half and a left back to seriously consider being nearer the top 2 next year, they’re both so far ahead of us and chelski right now.

The job Ole did with the restart was pretty amazing. Old Brennan is probably getting run out of Leicester. Quite the stumble.

The job Ole did with the restart was pretty amazing. Old Brennan is probably getting run out of Leicester. Quite the stumble.

It was and it wasn’t, the lack of rotation has cost us in the bigger picture, he’s flogged the life out of 9 players and they looked fucked, it cost us better shot at a cup final and we stumbled over a line we looked like galloping over 2/3 weeks ago. For United 3rd is better than we were expecting in January but not good enough for the club, I’m looking at the gap up more than the gap down.

I don’t think that Rodgers is top level but 5th is an astonishing position for a club and squad like Leicester, injuries and suspensions cost them hugely as they don’t have the same squad depth that the bigger fish do.

Last edited:
Anyone watching this Bayern/Barca game?

Bayern are unrelenting. This has a 7-1 feel to it. It could get a lot worse before it gets better for Barca.

I'm hoping for a real shoot-out. Obviously don't think Bayern lose this gap, but I think both teams have a few more in them.

That chip from Mueller on the Gnabry goal :love::love:

I’m not about to not blame Messi but that Barca team without Messi is really, really, really poor. If he doesn’t do anything they’re hopeless.

Id normally agree but they were in a hole last night and he downed tools which was a bit depressing to see. Even the best player in the world can drop back into position when his team is playing that poorly to stop them being humiliated. For one goal he gave the ball away and walked UPFIELD, away from the ball, that’s pretty pathetic.

Seems like I missed the match of the year yesterday. I was following the result on LiveScore app and thought there was a bug. 8-2...

It was kind of odd to watch, a bit like when Germany beat Brazil 7-1 in the World Cup Semi or when United beat Arsenal 8-2 a few years back. It sort of felt like watching a car crash. Honestly a tense 2-2 between marched sides would probably be a better game!

It was kind of odd to watch, a bit like when Germany beat Brazil 7-1 in the World Cup Semi or when United beat Arsenal 8-2 a few years back. It sort of felt like watching a car crash. Honestly a tense 2-2 between marched sides would probably be a better game!

Looks like it is the real end of these Barcelona years. It's not the same team without Xavi and Iniesta and the more new players they contract (Griezmann is the best/worst example) faster they forget their successful method that helped them to stay on the top of the world for many years.

Looks like it is the real end of these Barcelona years. It's not the same team without Xavi and Iniesta and the more new players they contract (Griezmann is the best/worst example) faster they forget their successful method that helped them to stay on the top of the world for many years.

To be honest since the last won the champions league in 2015 and Xavi left they've been a pretty mediocre team with Messi at his peak. I read a good article the other day about how they’ve basically pissed away Messi’s peak years by surrounding him with players and coaches that aren’t at his level. At 32 he’ll soon begin to come off the boil, whilst still being capable of the sublime, over the next 2 or 3 years.

Last edited:
To be honest since the last won the champions league in 2015 and Xavi left they've been a pretty mediocre team with Messi at his peak. I read a good article the other day about how they’ve basically pissed away Messi’s peak years by surrounding him with players and coaches that aren’t at his level. At 32 he’ll soon begin to come off the boil, whilst still being capable of the sublime, over the next 2 or 3 years.

Yeah he is not as athletic as Ronaldo is, far from it. I believe he may even retire before Ronaldo even if he is 2 or 3 years younger.

Last edited:
Yeah he is not as athletic as Ronaldo is, far from it. I believe he may even retire before Ronaldo even if he 2 or 3 years yougner.
Yeah Messi does a lot of walking when he doesn’t have the ball. I believe that’s how he’s been able to stay so healthy and he does read the game and springs into action when he can. But expecting him to track back and defend? Never going to happen. He’s a passenger when his team is losing.

Back