It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Martial rinsed KWP for both goals and at that point I expected United to go on and win by at least two more goals

Took the foot of the gas, played a lot of football recently and haven’t swapped it up much. I expect 3 or 4 changes for palace on Thursday, especially with a cup semi against Chelsea on Sunday. Also Chelsea playing tomorrow and us Thursday before that game is a pathetic bit of scheduling.

Seems like the battle for 4th is going to come down to the final day which will be a lot of fun. Chelsea's final 2 matches could also be a factor. Same with the final relegation spots. In promotion news, Leeds United is back. What a long trip it's been for them. The final weekend with be pretty fun. Thankfully, we get some Championship matches over here on ESPN+.

And just like that Villa controls their own destiny. Meanwhile, Watford seem destined to be relegated. And Arsenal still has a part to play as they are Watford's last stand.

And just like that Villa controls their own destiny. Meanwhile, Watford seem destined to be relegated. And Arsenal still has a part to play as they are Watford's last stand.
Up the Villa! I really want to see Watford go down, based on how awful they treat their managers.
I'm still amazed that Villa is hanging in there. I love watching Grealish play.
He is far and away their best player. Not a fan of his hair or shin pads though :LOL: If they go down there's no way he stays with them. If they stay up, maybe.

Up the Villa! I really want to see Watford go down, based on how awful they treat their managers.

He is far and away their best player. Not a fan of his hair or shin pads though :LOL: If they go down there's no way he stays with them. If they stay up, maybe.
In a way, you really want to see what he can do on a better team, but you also, sort of, want to see him stay with Villa and do well there.

In a way, you really want to see what he can do on a better team, but you also, sort of, want to see him stay with Villa and do well there.
I agree yeah. Villa spent way too much on players that haven't been that good for them. I would think if they stay up they'll be smarter about their business and bring in some better, younger players.

Jokes jokes. He’s going to go crazy on Pogba now that he’s made a massive mistake. He hates Pogba.

I don’t think he hates Pogba, he knows the position better than any of us and he sees where he’s falling short. I think people judge Pogba by a higher standard because he has more talent than most of the rest of the players on the pitch combined. His failure to deliver is on him, not his critics and what he did just then is indefensible and he deserves what he gets.

I don’t think he hates Pogba, he knows the position better than any of us and he sees where he’s falling short. I think people judge Pogba by a higher standard because he has more talent than most of the rest of the players on the pitch combined. His failure to deliver is on him, not his critics and what he did just then is indefensible and he deserves what he gets.
You're not wrong, but it's just a joke

You're not wrong, but it's just a joke

Yeah it’s one I don’t like because the whole narrative from the Pogba camp isn’t one of self reflection but instead of seeing him as being some kind of persecuted genius. I don’t even like Souness, he was an exceptional player but a dirty bastard and not only played for Liverpool but was player/manager of the only club I hate more, Rangers.

Also, thank fuck for Greenwood.

So 3 teams into 2 places...

...best case scenario Wolves beat Chelski and we draw with Leicester thus keeping the roubles out of the champions league. That said a win and third would suit me just fine too...

Last edited:
I have a very strong feeling that Chelsea will lose out, Spurs will finish 7th and Arsenal will win the FA cup thus snatching the last Europa spot 🙃

Back