It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

You have a club hierarchy? Haven’t they been MIA since red Rom got denied his visa?
Essentially. He is supposedly still vocally a part of the club, but Marina is making a mess of the club. Going three years without a DoF isn’t helping either, and helps explain all the horrid signings we have made as of late such as Zappacosta and Danny Drinkliquor

Essentially. He is supposedly still vocally a part of the club, but Marina is making a mess of the club. Going three years without a DoF isn’t helping either, and helps explain all the horrid signings we have made as of late such as Zappacosta and Danny Drinkliquor

Yeah! Is there any talk of a DOF being appointed in the summer?

Yeah! Is there any talk of a DOF being appointed in the summer?
I’ve heard absolutely nothing. A while back we were “linked” with the DoF for Roma I think? That turned into nothing. It’s quite ridiculous really. I don’t want to sound spoiled, as most Chelsea fans who complain often do, but I wouldn’t mind Roman selling the club to someone who, I don’t know, is actually allowed into the country? Haha. I appreciate everything he’s done, but if it weren’t for every teams shitting the bed this year (Thanks again, Joe!) and last year, we would look A LOT different...

I’ve heard absolutely nothing. A while back we were “linked” with the DoF for Roma I think? That turned into nothing. It’s quite ridiculous really. I don’t want to sound spoiled, as most Chelsea fans who complain often do, but I wouldn’t mind Roman selling the club to someone who, I don’t know, is actually allowed into the country? Haha. I appreciate everything he’s done, but if it weren’t for every teams shitting the bed this year (Thanks again, Joe!) and last year, we would look A LOT different...

Shifting the bed suggests we had a team capable of top 4!

Oh no! We were just SHIT haha!

It’s more like yourselves and Spurs very nearly bottled it...

Shifting the bed suggests we had a team capable of top 4!

Oh no! We were just SHIT haha!

It’s more like yourselves and Spurs very nearly bottled it...
Theoretically we have a decent squad, but we really don’t have the personnel to excel in Sarri’s idea of football. Without Kante, Rudiger and Hazard, we would have been horrendous. RLC and Cho were really coming into their own too, it’s a shame about the injury. My optimism for next season dwindled a lot with their injuries. And don’t even get me started about Hazard... I am so crushed.

Lampard made me fall in love with Chelsea. Hazard made me fall in love with football. He will always be my favorite player in the game, even if there are more influential/more talented players. He’s just a fucking joy to watch.

Theoretically we have a decent squad, but we really don’t have the personnel to excel in Sarri’s idea of football. Without Kante, Rudiger and Hazard, we would have been horrendous. RLC and Cho were really coming into their own too, it’s a shame about the injury. My optimism for next season dwindled a lot with their injuries. And don’t even get me started about Hazard... I am so crushed.

Lampard made me fall in love with Chelsea. Hazard made me fall in love with football. He will always be my favorite player in the game, even if there are more influential/more talented players. He’s just a fucking joy to watch.

We have an appallingly and unbalanced squad. It looks like it is, 5 years of short term managers buying whomever they want with no overarching plan...

We have an appallingly and unbalanced squad. It looks like it is, 5 years of short term managers buying whomever they want with no overarching plan...
Seriously. It’s weird, we both dodged a bullet by not getting the striker we wanted, but I often think that Morata would have fit you guys better and Lukaku would have fit our system too...

I’m so mad that the hierarchy of our club decided a shitty PR stunt was worth affecting our Europa League final. No first team players should have been on that shitty excuse for a pitch just to play the worst team in MLS. Now we are without RLC AND Cho for half of next season. Ridiculous.
Pulisic to the rescue! 😜

MCFC fan here who can talk football no problem :)
Given im 43 and followed City when we were rubbish, having quite frankly one of the best English if not European teams ever (yeah i know they have not won ouside of uk) is just so much fun. We won 14 games on the run to win the league, a very sweet victory. Yes we fans deserve our moment, we have had many hard times !

MCFC fan here who can talk football no problem :)
Given im 43 and followed City when we were rubbish, having quite frankly one of the best English if not European teams ever (yeah i know they have not won ouside of uk) is just so much fun. We won 14 games on the run to win the league, a very sweet victory. Yes we fans deserve our moment, we have had many hard times !

Did you not win the cup winners cup in you last Oasis of success in your otherwise barren history back in the late 60s/early 70s?

Hehehe...

Did you not win the cup winners cup in you last Oasis of success in your otherwise barren history back in the late 60s/early 70s?

Hehehe...
Indeed but i was specifically meaning this current team given my hyperbole !
We also won the Shamrock cup in the 1990s

Edit :

Also Utd are currently garbage ;)
All those yrs of begrudgingly accepting Liverpool were your biggest rivals, and now they are ours.

All I want is to see Benfica win their next match and celebrate the championship in the streets of Lisbon.

The shamrock cup? What is that and why do I not remember taking the piss out of my bloo mates over that!

Preseason tour of Ireland ended in us winning it. I used to joke that would be the only trophy in my lifetime. What did i know !

Calm down, that’s as much European success as you’ve had too and they have 3x more league titles...

I hope to god you beat the scousers though...
I’m laughing at the joke I thought you made about having Oasis as fans of MCFC. You just love beating me up about trophies

I’m laughing at the joke I thought you made about having Oasis as fans of MCFC. You just love beating me up about trophies

Hey it’s my big gun right now! God knows it’ll be a while before I see another significant one.

That said, 13 league titles in my 36 years isn’t a bad return haha!

Back