It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

A better weekend in the world of football for me - saints wine 3-1 away at villa and we’re now out of the relegation zone (for now!) and it looks like I’m top of the n&g fantasy league. Can we please call quits on the season now?!

Krieger and Harris? That was very cool. I had no idea they were together but I don’t follow their personal lives that much/at all.

Yep. The acceptance and visibility these two and Rapinoe have given the LGBTQ community is impossible to quantify.

Was hoping to see some discussion about Liverpool’s latest win here... is everyone else bored by their dominance so far this season?

On a related note, that was a clean tackle by Robertson. Twitterverseis complaining he should’ve seen red, but he clearly got to the ball first. No foul at all in my book (I play defense though, so a grain of salt is warranted).

Was hoping to see some discussion about Liverpool’s latest win here... is everyone else bored by their dominance so far this season?

On a related note, that was a clean tackle by Robertson. Twitterverseis complaining he should’ve seen red, but he clearly got to the ball first. No foul at all in my book (I play defense though, so a grain of salt is warranted).
Should have been a Yellow at least. Also I’m more upset about the throw that should not have been Liverpool’s that led to the goal. Tbh, even all of those things aside, Spurs had like 3 or 4 clear cut chances that they couldn’t convert. Son skying from 10 yards and GLC missing wide with 7 minutes to go. Very unlucky.

Should have been a Yellow at least. Also I’m more upset about the throw that should not have been Liverpool’s that led to the goal. Tbh, even all of those things aside, Spurs had like 3 or 4 clear cut chances that they couldn’t convert. Son skying from 10 yards and GLC missing wide with 7 minutes to go. Very unlucky.

I hate Liverpool and in my view of football isn’t not even a debate, play on, there was contact both ways and he got all of the ball before the follow through. Sadly the way the game is going it probably is a foul...

Also 2 more goals for Rashford, I’m loving the pace he’s developing at, fingers crossed we can sign/develop a bit more quality to feed him!

Nope. It's glorious.

I thought that challenge was a bit naughty tbh although most Liverpool fans disagree with me. First 70 minutes against spurs was a stroll and we should have been 3 or 4 up with the game put to bed. They dominated the last 20 mins and made the finish a bit nervy but the end result was what I felt we deserved.

Best start to a league ever in Europe. Up the reds!

This Liverpool team is just something else. It’s like they’re playing a League Two team out there. Unreal stamina and precision of passes. Wijnaldum best midfielder in the league for sure.

This Liverpool team is just something else. It’s like they’re playing a League Two team out there. Unreal stamina and precision of passes. Wijnaldum best midfielder in the league for sure.

😂😂😂😂😂

Wijnaldum is a good player no doubt but there is man in the league called Kevin De Bruyne with 7 goals and 14 assists from midfield and it’s not even 2/3 of the way through the season...

😂😂😂😂😂

Wijnaldum is a good player no doubt but there is man in the league called Kevin De Bruyne with 7 goals and 14 assists from midfield and it’s not even 2/3 of the way through the season...
Scoring is not part of the Liverpool midfielder’s role

Creating is part of every midfielders job. De Bruyne is frighteningly good at it. He is the best midfielder in the world, not just the premier league.
It’s not though. Why is Kante/Jorginho/Casemiro/Busquets/Fabinho all rated so highly?? Because they are engines who set the tempo and control their team’s midfields, breaking up play and distributing passes to forwards.

Is KDB the best CAM in the league/world? Absolutely.

Wijnaldum is a different player, more well-rounded. Relentless, non-stop stamina, ball control, never losing possession, sticking to his feet, quick concise passes and link up work. Combined with Henderson, Firmino, Chamberlain, both Full Backs. They’re just unstoppable. Maybe I’m just impressed with their whole system. But Wijnaldum just stood out among everyone else on the pitch.

It’s not though. Why is Kante/Jorginho/Casemiro/Busquets/Fabinho all rated so highly?? Because they are engines who set the tempo and control their team’s midfields, breaking up play and distributing passes to forwards.

Is KDB the best CAM in the league/world? Absolutely.

Wijnaldum is a different player, more well-rounded. Relentless, non-stop stamina, ball control, never losing possession, sticking to his feet, quick concise passes and link up work. Combined with Henderson, Firmino, Chamberlain, both Full Backs. They’re just unstoppable. Maybe I’m just impressed with their whole system. But Wijnaldum just stood out among everyone else on the pitch.

Youve named 5 players there who can all pass and move and play the ball forward through the lines. That’s creativity. That’s why they are top midfielders. It’s the reason that someone like Matic or Dier will never be top midfielders to me. De Bruyne does it higher up the pitch, which is harder, the precision of his passing and shooting at the sharp end is frightening. Also he’s not played as a 10 or CAM for 4 years because city don’t play with one, he’s played to the right of a central three, it’s just that city press so high, and keep the ball so well, that he’s more advanced than he would be in another team.

De Bruyne is class. Gini is a different sort of player and a magnificent one too, they just have different skill sets and roles. Gini was probably my MOM today, amazing engine and amazing touch. We really should have scored 4 or 5 but didn't and it made the last 20 minutes needlessly nervy again.

10 wins to go till champions.

De Bruyne is class. Gini is a different sort of player and a magnificent one too, they just have different skill sets and roles. Gini was probably my MOM today, amazing engine and amazing touch. We really should have scored 4 or 5 but didn't and it made the last 20 minutes needlessly nervy again.

10 wins to go till champions.

It was Van Dijk for me, he’s one special player! Fabinho coming back is some boost for you too, I thought he was one of your top 2 or 3 performers in the early part of the season before his injury. i know it’s been a bad day when our best player was Fred...

It was Van Dijk for me, he’s one special player! Fabinho coming back is some boost for you too, I thought he was one of your top 2 or 3 performers in the early part of the season before his injury. i know it’s been a bad day when our best player was Fred...

Yeah, he's my favourite player in the side. Love how in the post match interviews he doesn't even look like he's broken sweat. Best centre back in the world right now. Signing him and Allison completed the jigsaw.

TBF Fred has played well the past month or so.

Rashford with a double stress fracture in his back. He was playing with one for a while and had it made worse against Wolves. WTF was OGS thinking? Could have seriously damaged his career by making him play with that kind of injury. Hopefully he isn't out for too long and he recovers fine.

Back