It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Oof. Spoke too soon. 😱

one more week with Ole at the wheel means more likely Poch goes somewhere overseas.

in all honesty I think the likelihood of us sacking Ole before the summer is extremely small. Unfortunately I think you might have sacked Poch a little to early in the season for us!

That said, comebacks like this are exactly what being a football fan is all about so screw the long term!

Last edited:
I try to be patient but I'm just not seeing it with Emery. There doesn't seem to be a skeleton of a plan and everything seems so unorganized. Nobody seems happy. The middle of the field is porous. Aubu and Lacazette occasionally bail the team out so it doesn't look like a complete disaster.

I try to be patient but I'm just not seeing it with Emery. There doesn't seem to be a skeleton of a plan and everything seems so unorganized. Nobody seems happy. The middle of the field is porous. Aubu and Lacazette occasionally bail the team out so it doesn't look like a complete disaster.
It's a total disaster. Second-hand comments from Arsenal fans on Reddit say that Auba, Torreira, Lacazette, Ozil, Luiz, and maybe Guendouzi will all probably move on if Emery stays into next season. Auba, Laca, Ozil and Luiz are nearing the end of their contracts/age is catching up to them and I don't think they'll want to stick around for more rebuilding. Emery was supposed to be "rebuilding" last season and this was supposed to be their big push for something, ideally top 4. Torreira is upset that he's not being played as often/out of position, Guendouzi will move on because his profile is rising as a France NT squad member now. Xhaka is gone in January at the earliest. The youth is looking good, but the youth can't be trusted unless you have good man management and a sense of cohesion with the squad (see Chelsea), Martinelli, Nketiah, Willock, Nelson, Smith-Rowe, Saka are all promising but they're all mid-table PL players right now at best.

This is the same thing that's happening right now at Man Utd and Spurs, results are grinding out by luck and individual performances. They don't have an identity and cohesiveness right now. Change is badly needed.

Feel less bad about Wednesday now. Rashford is on the form of his life. Fred and McTomminay are immense along with Maguire and Lindelof.

I’m hoping this is the start for him. He’s at that age where great players begin to explode. You missed Aaron Wan-Bisaka, he’s been my man of the match so far. Long way from done though, we seem to have lost the counter attack in this second half.

Last edited:
Also Scott McTominay is a proper little shit. I kinda love that as much as I’d hate it in an opposition player.

I’m hoping this is the start for him. He’s at that age where great players being to explode. You missed Aaron Wan-Bisaka, he’s been my man of the match so far. Long way from done though, we seem to have lost the counter attack in this second half.
I almost mentioned him, but then I could list the whole XI. He’s stopping everything on the left side. James too, his work rate is nuts.

Back