It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

I'd say half of that goal should be credited to terrible defending. Just nick up the fella already.

Yeah on Monday Night Football the line was that a good team, like city previous two years and the other lot this year, would commit a tactical foul on the halfway line and take the booking.

I'd say half of that goal should be credited to terrible defending. Just nick up the fella already.
Yeah on Monday Night Football the line was that a good team, like city previous two years and the other lot this year, would commit a tactical foul on the halfway line and take the booking.
Burnley are a good defensive team, they're slow, but defensively they're not Norwich or Watford. They attempt to put in a tackle two or three times but because Son is so fast they can't. Maybe Fernandinho/Fabhinho nicks him but you're getting a yellow for that no matter what.

Boufal had a similar run for goal of the season in 2017/18. I don't see how this is any different. West Brom's defending here is much, much worse than in Son's run against Burnley. Boufal wins 2017/18 Carling Goal of the Season

I'm bias, but saying Burnley just let Son run through them is madness.

Burnley are a good defensive team, they're slow, but defensively they're not Norwich or Watford. They attempt to put in a tackle two or three times but because Son is so fast they can't. Maybe Fernandinho/Fabhinho nicks him but you're getting a yellow for that no matter what.

Boufal had a similar run for goal of the season in 2017/18. I don't see how this is any different. West Brom's defending here is much, much worse than in Son's run against Burnley. Boufal wins 2017/18 Carling Goal of the Season

There were 2 or 3 opportunities to take him out. It’s a great goal but more for stamina and speed for me. It’s not like Giggsy going through the famous Arsenal back 4 or Marradona against England in 1986.

There were 2 or 3 opportunities to take him out. It’s a great goal but more for stamina and speed for me. It’s not like Giggsy going through the famous Arsenal back 4 or Marradona against England in 1986.
Those are all timers though. Right now Son has goal of the season. Until Townsend scores against city or Vardy scores a ridiculous counter on the last day of the season to stop Liverpool from winning the PL again it’s his to lose.

The Rt back should not have been the one to put on the pressure. You always want to force the player to the wing. And when the Rt back did the Central defender should have taken up the space behind him. He would have been right there to collect the ball. Left back should have rotated over to the player the center back was marking.

Had a great time watching the Club World Cup
final. I’m Brazilian but I actually wanted Liverpool
to win. Particularly thrilled to see Firmino score, since he remains sorely underrated in his home country (too many Brazilians think he’s trash).

It’s hard to explain to Europeans how meaningful this tournament is to South American fans. It’s literally THE most important club tournament/game of the year, because it’s the only opportunity those sides have to measure up against European competition.

Had a great time watching the Club World Cup
final. I’m Brazilian but I actually wanted Liverpool
to win. Particularly thrilled to see Firmino score, since he remains sorely underrated in his home country (too many Brazilians think he’s trash).

It’s hard to explain to Europeans how meaningful this tournament is to South American fans. It’s literally THE most important club tournament/game of the year, because it’s the only opportunity those sides have to measure up against European competition.

it has no meaning over here. I think the issue in particular in England is that it drops in right in the centre of our busiest and most important period of the season. I did used to love it just because we had two and Liverpool none, but now that’s gone too haha!

That was the worst game of football I’ve ever seen Spurs play in my entire life

You’re a very lucky Spurs fan...

You were better than we were against Watford, I’m convinced Fred is the new Ali Dia and that his continued picks are part of some painful and elaborate practical joke...

You’re a very lucky Spurs fan...

You were better than we were against Watford, I’m convinced Fred is the new Ali Dia and that his continued picks are part of some painful and elaborate practical joke...
Fred was incredible against us, wild how inconsistent both teams are right now. Sometimes good, sometimes maybe shit.

Fred was incredible against us, wild how inconsistent both teams are right now. Sometimes good, sometimes maybe shit.

Hes an atrocious passer of the football and lacks imagination. He had lungs and stamina to spare so against better teams when we play on the counter....

There is a pattern emerging here...

Hes an atrocious passer of the football and lacks imagination. He had lungs and stamina to spare so against better teams when we play on the counter....

There is a pattern emerging here...
Ole has been unreal against teams who actually attack because Rashford and James can take off on counters all game. But against bus parking teams they have no idea what to do.

Ole has been unreal against teams who actually attack because Rashford and James can take off on counters all game. But against bus parking teams they have no idea what to do.

I mean I don’t even blame ole for that. Beyond Pogba who has just been injured, and Mata who is old now, there is not a player in midfield with a spark or a bit of imagination on the ball. I’d like 3 new central midfielders and a centre forward. Probably a right winger too!

I mean I don’t even blame ole for that. Beyond Pogba who has just been injured, and Mata who is old now, there is not a player in midfield with a spark or a bit of imagination on the ball. I’d like 3 new central midfielders and a centre forward. Probably a right winger too!
I’ll trade for Wan-Bissaka if you want Eriksen

Back