It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

That’s harsh! You don’t win anything without luck! I’ll repeat it again Poch is a world class manager who builds clubs from top to bottom. You stick by those guys, particularly when they overachieve and he has massively overachieved with spurs. He has the chops for a rebuild, whether Mourinho turns you into winners or not he will leave the club in a worse state than he gets it.

Im a firm believe that perseverance with good manager who wants to build clubs to win long term is the way to go, it’s proven that it’s how you build dynasties in football. I’d rather be someone who backs such managers. One day take a look at Alex Ferguson 86-90, it wasn’t pretty, our board persevered because they could see what was going on behind the scenes. Look what happened next.
I don’t disagree but football was drastically different back then. If we miss out on Europe then the whole house of cards falls apart. I truly don’t know if Poch was ready for another rebuild. We couldn’t ship out the dead wood and I don’t know who is to blame because of that.

I don’t disagree but football was drastically different back then. If we miss out on Europe then the whole house of cards falls apart. I truly don’t know if Poch was ready for another rebuild. We couldn’t ship out the dead wood and I don’t know who is to blame because of that.

If you follow your “Modern Football is Different” argument then it’s Levy on all counts. In modern football supposedly the coach coaches and the directors buy and sell players. Also he’s to blame if he’s created such a precarious house of cards based on champions league qualification at a club that isn’t in the top 4 spenders on fees or wages and that has no history of repeated champions league qualification. In fact the only consecutive champions league qualifications that you’ve ever had were under this manager and the last time you were at Europe’s top table before 2010 was in 1961/62.

If you follow your “Modern Football is Different” argument then it’s Levy on all counts. In modern football supposedly the coach coaches and the directors buy and sell players. Also he’s to blame if he’s created such a precarious house of cards based on champions league qualification at a club that isn’t in the top 4 spenders on fees or wages and that has no history of repeated champions league qualification. In fact the only consecutive champions league qualifications that you’ve ever had were under this manager and the last time you were at Europe’s top table before 2010 was in 1961/62.
One would have to imagine that with the new stadium revenue and other revenue channels (NFL, concerts, etc) that slowly they’re going to get somewhere. I know NDombele is on at least 100k a week, maybe more. Our wage structure is not sustainable especially when it comes time to Kane renewing his contract. There’s no way they’ll wind him down like what happened with Eriksen, Toby and Jan. He’ll be on 300k/week soon enough. Others will follow.

One would have to imagine that with the new stadium revenue and other revenue channels (NFL, concerts, etc) that slowly they’re going to get somewhere. I know NDombele is on at least 100k a week, maybe more. Our wage structure is not sustainable especially when it comes time to Kane renewing his contract. There’s no way they’ll wind him down like what happened with Eriksen, Toby and Jan. He’ll be on 300k/week soon enough. Others will follow.

I hate to break it to you but for the biggest 4 spenders £100k a week is average squad player money now, not record signing wages. That’s how much Poch was overachieving and how much Jose was underachieving!

I hate to break it to you but for the biggest 4 spenders £100k a week is average squad player money now, not record signing wages. That’s how much Poch was overachieving and how much Jose was underachieving!
I know that. All I’m saying is that for a new signing starting at 100k a week is the new norm. Sessegnon probably isn’t on that but still. The fact that we’re paying Eriksen something like 70k/week should be criminal for everything he’s done for the club.

Edit: I lied, NDombele is on 200k/week

I know that. All I’m saying is that for a new signing starting at 100k a week is the new norm. Sessegnon probably isn’t on that but still. The fact that we’re paying Eriksen something like 70k/week should be criminal for everything he’s done for the club.

The fact that you can’t though is indicative of where you are actually at club size wise and just how good of a job your last manager did!

The fact that you can’t though is indicative of where you are actually at club size wise and just how good of a job your last manager did!
We’ve offered Kane wages to Eriksen last season and again before this season. He wants out on a free, not our fault he’s still on that wage when improved wages have been offered

We’ve offered Kane wages to Eriksen last season and again before this season. He wants out on a free, not our fault he’s still on that wage when improved wages have been offered

If you let a contract run down below 2 years be prepared for that to happen. You have a chairman who thinks he’s cleverer than he is. You had a world class manager who seemed to be able to get the best out of that situation, now you don’t. I fear for what’s going to happen at Tottenham. I remember you under Ardiles and Francis and Gross and Graham and Hoddle and Santini and Jol and the Spanish fella and wideboy Harry and AVB. I think as a relatively new fan from outside of England you have an unrealistic idea of your club, the last 5 years under Poch have been the best you’ve had since at least the mid 80s and maybe actually the early 60s by an absolute distance. The sacking of Poch and appointment of Mourinho should be a deeply worrying prospect for you.

The weirdest timeline

Not really. They’ve clearly been talking to him throughout the international break and only moved to sack Poch when the agreement was made with Jose. Depressingly this kind of shithousery is pretty much the norm in football now.

I really wish Woke Up or Joe watched enough women's football to engage with me in a conversation as fun as the one you are having above. Sincerely. I love it.

I really should pay more attention to Utd’s women’s team but a lifetime of conditioning and a childhood of obsession has lead to a very blinkered focus on only our senior men’s team, I don’t even really follow men’s national football either, I’m a lunatic!

I really wish Woke Up or Joe watched enough women's football to engage with me in a conversation as fun as the one you are having above. Sincerely. I love it.
Honestly it’s getting there though. FAWSL is becoming a big thing, Chelsea just got Sam Kerr. I think in a few years it’ll be at a level where most people are vaguely familiar with it.

36d3dacde95d71b225714e720d846142.jpg

Honestly it’s getting there though. FAWSL is becoming a big thing, Chelsea just got Sam Kerr. I think in a few years it’ll be at a level where most people are vaguely familiar with it.
Sam Kerr going to Chelsea is great for Chelsea. But bad news for the NWSL.

I wonder how many people in the USA are now soccer fans and will tune into the USMNT because the USWNT have been everywhere. I hate to spoil their enthusiasm. But uh, don't expect the same results with the men's team.

I’ve just read Jose’s unveiling interview, he really is the Trump/Bojo of football, it was a weird performance.

Back