It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Well that's not very nice. What did Liverpool ever do to you...oh right.

More than one goal in a game! That’s a novelty. Hopefully we can keep Martial fit now!

Of the top 6 or likely top 6 we have played:

Spurs
Arsenal
Chelsea
United
Leicester

City have played
Spurs

:)

Incoming women's soccer post! *gasp, the horror!*

NWSL season ended yesterday with NC taking home the trophy. Which is unsurprising given how dominant they were this season. But man, it stinks that Hinkle is on the NC team. Heather O'Reilly played her last soccer game. What a player and a leader she was.

New USWNT coach announcement today. It'll be Andonovski from the Reign FC. Which I guess is the right choice. He's extremely capable and successful. I just wish they could have chosen a woman. It will be interesting to watch him step into his role so soon before the Olympics. And how he will adjust to Alex Morgan probably not being available. And what he does with the self-centered Carli "I'm better than everyone else that started during the World Cup" Lloyd and her ego.

Did you see the meme about Alex Morgan's unborn daughter already being better than all of the USMNT?

I'm not saying that is or isn't true. I'm just asking if you saw it. ;) (And Tim Howard is exempt from any possible criticism that question may or may not allude to).

Did you see the meme about Alex Morgan's unborn daughter already being better than all of the USMNT?

I'm not saying that is or isn't true. I'm just asking if you saw it. ;) (And Tim Howard is exempt from any possible criticism that question may or may not allude to).
lmao I did not, but that is hilarious. very true.

Incoming women's soccer post! *gasp, the horror!*

NWSL season ended yesterday with NC taking home the trophy. Which is unsurprising given how dominant they were this season. But man, it stinks that Hinkle is on the NC team. Heather O'Reilly played her last soccer game. What a player and a leader she was.

New USWNT coach announcement today. It'll be Andonovski from the Reign FC. Which I guess is the right choice. He's extremely capable and successful. I just wish they could have chosen a woman. It will be interesting to watch him step into his role so soon before the Olympics. And how he will adjust to Alex Morgan probably not being available. And what he does with the self-centered Carli "I'm better than everyone else that started during the World Cup" Lloyd and her ego.
Last week Glasgow City won their 13th consecutive Scottish Womens Premiership league title with a 10-0 away win over Motherwell. Their closest competition has tended to be Hibernian, but many of the other mens clubs are starting to get involved, with Celtic and Rangers now supporting womens teams. Glasgow City are unaffiliated with a mens side.

The club I support, St Johnstone, now have a womens team in the second tier. The mens team have had a slow start to the season (largely due to an inexperienced defence and some poor finishing) but finally won a league game at the weekend. Still only a point behind at the bottom with 28 games to go, so not panic time yet.

Last week Glasgow City won their 13th consecutive Scottish Womens Premiership league title with a 10-0 away win over Motherwell. Their closest competition has tended to be Hibernian, but many of the other mens clubs are starting to get involved, with Celtic and Rangers now supporting womens teams. Glasgow City are unaffiliated with a mens side.

The club I support, St Johnstone, now have a womens team in the second tier. The mens team have had a slow start to the season (largely due to an inexperienced defence and some poor finishing) but finally won a league game at the weekend. Still only a point behind at the bottom with 28 games to go, so not panic time yet.

I was just thinking yesterday that I needed to find another women's soccer league to follow. I really enjoy soccer (and will refer to it as football going forward in this thread) and would like to watch it far more than I can with the sparse support football gets in this country.

Spurs Women's team is currently battling for first time in the top flight of the FAWSL. They're already in a better position than the men's teams smh....

FAWSL

1572285916568.png

EPL

1572285961619.png

I was just thinking yesterday that I needed to find another women's soccer league to follow. I really enjoy soccer (and will refer to it as football going forward in this thread) and would like to watch it far more than I can with the sparse support football gets in this country.
Coverage of the women’s game is getting better here but still tends to be focussed on the national team.

Shelley Kerr, the Scotland WNT manager, was at my work last week for sponsorship related media duties. I may be visible eating my lunch on the other side of a window in photos that were taken.

I love winning with a dodgy decision. The fume coming out of Manchester is delicious.

I love winning with a dodgy decision. The fume coming out of Manchester is delicious.

Begrudgingly I’ll admit that we all love that! It’s second only to winning 1-0 in injury of a game you’ve been outclassed in against big rivals haha!

Back