It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Well Spurs (a), City (h) next, and then after Watford Chelsea (a) and arsenal (h). At least they aren’t dead rubbers, time for a reaction…
Spurs are almost guaranteed a win just to keep Ole in for a little bit longer. The annual City victory, draw with Chelsea, beat Arsenal and Rio rubs his hands together again.
Kane's defense on Antonio's goal is such incredibly poor effort. If not for the Pogba and Ronaldo it would be the bad behavior story of the week. United have a chance to respond - you're right and not having Pogba available might make everything a little easier for Ole
The worse game I’ve seen from Kane in a long time. he was a shell of his former self. Awful passing, heavy, clunky first touches just useless. Had two chances to play in Son around a defender for a chance but passed it right to the GK twice. The goal conceded was icing on the cake. Genuine 0/10 contribution.

Spurs are almost guaranteed a win just to keep Ole in for a little bit longer. The annual City victory, draw with Chelsea, beat Arsenal and Rio rubs his hands together again.

The worse game I’ve seen from Kane in a long time. he was a shell of his former self. Awful passing, heavy, clunky first touches just useless. Had two chances to play in Son around a defender for a chance but passed it right to the GK twice. The goal conceded was icing on the cake. Genuine 0/10 contribution.

Seriously all you need to do is sit in deep…

If that was a 0 then Pogba was a minus 10…

Why tf did I captain Vardy instead of Salah???

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

I had for the past 3 game weeks but I thought United might be up for it at home and Vardy came off a good game last week
Same. Same. I'm a clown with u. I've been on Salah but saw vardy. Saw Brentford at home. Thought easy decision. Didn't know united would make it a practice day for em

Red bull pulled off the strategy. Thought it was Lewis's after the start but Mercedes didn't quiet get it right.

I actually thought Mercedes got the strategy dead right just Max had the quicker car at the end. There is something about him that just makes him very punchable, he’s like a dutch version of a privileged trust fund kid…

That's an EPL and Champions League winning brought to life wooden puppet and evil shopkeeper, thank you very much.

Nothing against Jurgen. I don't have an issue with him or Liverpool but if it comes out that he has a bunch of bodies buried in his basement or a room full of clown costumes it wouldn't be the biggest surprise.

I actually thought Mercedes got the strategy dead right just Max had the quicker car at the end. There is something about him that just makes him very punchable, he’s like a dutch version of a privileged trust fund kid…

I think Mercedes were slow to react on the first pit stop and did their best to recover, but I feel similarly about Max. He's grown up a lot the past few years, but he kind-of screams F1 privilege... I mean at least he isn't Mazespin or Lance Stroll tho. Was just saying how his pops shows up to a lot of the races. Seems to be very involved... a bit of F1 helicopter parenting?

Nothing against Jurgen. I don't have an issue with him or Liverpool but if it comes out that he has a bunch of bodies buried in his basement or a room full of clown costumes it wouldn't be the biggest surprise.

He should have been severely punished for running onto the pitch after the Everton game that time and I think the fact that he’s happy happy smiley smiley let’s him get away with things that see other managers banned/fined is an issue. But at the end of the day he’s created the team I most admire in Europe because I’ve been brought up to prefer fast physical punch for punch football ahead of possession for possessions sake.

This race is worth it - even tho I hate the track - just to see Lewis stand next to Shaq on the podium

He should have been severely punished for running onto the pitch after the Everton game that time and I think the fact that he’s happy happy smiley smiley let’s him get away with things that see other managers banned/fined is an issue. But at the end of the day he’s created the team I most admire in Europe because I’ve been brought up to prefer fast physical punch for punch football ahead of possession for possessions sake.

I like that take. Right. He's built the squad really turn it over 6 years ago and brought in the right players. They're good to watch.

I like that take. Right. He's built the squad really turn it over 6 years ago and brought in the right players. They're good to watch.

Totally. He saw something in players like Henderson and Mane that I would never have and in Salah he has a player that is up there with Henry, Ronaldo (first time) and Aguero as one of the best four attackers the league has seen. I could backbite because I hate the club but at the end of the day you’ve just got to hold them as a pinnacle and look to hunt them down.

Can honestly say that's one of the worst feelings I've had watching since I started following United 25 years ago. I've seen the 6-1 city game - funny (not funny) enough it was the 10th year anniversary of that game - but actually we only completely lost the plot at the very end with them scoring 3 in the last minutes as we tried to pull something back at 3-1 and being a man down. This feels much worse though. I was sat there with my face burning at the end of the first half and that rarely happens - felt that once before and it was when United got absolutely dominated by Barca at Wembley.

I hate it even more given how much I like Ole and actually felt quite good about his vision and the progress the club has made since Mourinho. The toxicity has snowballed beyond control now. I see the owner's hand being forced and I don't think the players will have the confidence to get through the next games.

The current narrative is the coaching staff isn't good enough. I'm not entirely sure about that. You don't fluke your way to second in the PL or even the finals of cups. I think it's true we had a terrible record against "the big six" last season but what I'm seeing now is we are faltering in games like Villa, Everton and Leicester which we should have won. I can't understand why it's fallen apart so spectacularly - well I do think the biggest reasons are:

-bringing in 3 starting players who don't know the system or had a proper preseason to be integrated
-hangover of key players from an exhausting schedule last season, through to playing long periods in the European Championships and the aforementioned preseason for the squad as a whole.

Now I do think that's related to poor squad management and planning, and it's surprising to me because Ole is generally good at that. The players pressing and running stats are to me a good indication that they aren't cohesive and/or fit. I think lack of experience rather than being shit coaches is probably at play here.

I have said before that Ole should have looked at bringing in a Continental coach like Fergie used to have in CQ or RM. I think it was Ander Herrera that let it slip that Ole was "too" British, and I think given the talent you need to think on a broader spectrum. Diversity is always good here, and you also get people that haven't been in their silos at this single club for several years. I can't see that changing immediately but hopefully they have recognized it and act on it.

I know I'm going to feel like shit until Saturday so I really hope they can pull of a result on Saturday. 6 days in between matches like this is too long.

Can honestly say that's one of the worst feelings I've had watching since I started following United 25 years ago. I've seen the 6-1 city game - funny (not funny) enough it was the 10th year anniversary of that game - but actually we only completely lost the plot at the very end with them scoring 3 in the last minutes as we tried to pull something back at 3-1 and being a man down. This feels much worse though. I was sat there with my face burning at the end of the first half and that rarely happens - felt that once before and it was when United got absolutely dominated by Barca at Wembley.

I hate it even more given how much I like Ole and actually felt quite good about his vision and the progress the club has made since Mourinho. The toxicity has snowballed beyond control now. I see the owner's hand being forced and I don't think the players will have the confidence to get through the next games.

The current narrative is the coaching staff isn't good enough. I'm not entirely sure about that. You don't fluke your way to second in the PL or even the finals of cups. I think it's true we had a terrible record against "the big six" last season but what I'm seeing now is we are faltering in games like Villa, Everton and Leicester which we should have won. I can't understand why it's fallen apart so spectacularly - well I do think the biggest reasons are:

-bringing in 3 starting players who don't know the system or had a proper preseason to be integrated
-hangover of key players from an exhausting schedule last season, through to playing long periods in the European Championships and the aforementioned preseason for the squad as a whole.

Now I do think that's related to poor squad management and planning, and it's surprising to me because Ole is generally good at that. The players pressing and running stats are to me a good indication that they aren't cohesive and/or fit. I think lack of experience rather than being shit coaches is probably at play here.

I have said before that Ole should have looked at bringing in a Continental coach like Fergie used to have in CQ or RM. I think it was Ander Herrera that let it slip that Ole was "too" British, and I think given the talent you need to think on a broader spectrum. Diversity is always good here, and you also get people that haven't been in their silos at this single club for several years. I can't see that changing immediately but hopefully they have recognized it and act on it.

I know I'm going to feel like shit until Saturday so I really hope they can pull of a result on Saturday. 6 days in between matches like this is too long.

I’ve always said that after results like this you see the true character of people, and that goes for fans as much as players.

As a fan I know see it as my job to get right behind the team and drive them forward. For players I want to see contrition and hurt and a real reaction over the next 5 tricky league games.

As to the playing side I think there’s a real issue with attempting to press or go after teams. We just don’t have the personnel to do that, we need to go back to the last 3 years of a mid block, not a Jose low block, and counter attack against the better teams.

As for toxicity and a low point that was under Mourinho for me, there might not have been a nadir result but the whole atmosphere from both inside and outside the club was horrible and it was consistently not fun following the team, at least now inside the club still seems resilient and I don’t have to listen to that flute blaming everyone but himself.

The worst team I’ve seen, and I was very young, was the pre success early Fergie teams, he had some real dross while he was building the club’s structure. He did have the record of success at Aberdeen and the board seeing what he was doing behind the scenes to fall back on though and at that time the cup was as big as, and perhaps even bigger than, the league so winning it in 90 bought him some real breathing space.

Spurs have issues at every level. I know there's a lot of talk about Nuno as there should be. But it's the players, it's Nuno and it's Levy and the board.

Back