It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Kelly Cates (Dalglish) made our Euro coverage bearable here, the Euro studio commentator hires were dreadful.

Hoping Rebecca Lowe gets out of here Peacock contact now and gets hired for Qatar or else it's Kate Abdo I think.

I’m gonna be careful now as this post and my slagging of recent female heavy action films (birds of prey & ghostbusters remake) is making me sound a bit Sid the Sexist ..I might end up being cancelled

More on the spectacular mismanagement at Barca.

Messi is supposedly in shock at the developments arrived in Barca to re-sign on Thursday and was told it couldn’t be done under rules. Offered to slash his salary again but no dice because they are spending 95% of their income on player salaries!

Also he had no plan B this summer. While PSG think they can get a deal across the line negotiations only started yesterday so it’s still very early days.

Me explaining to my coworker why my fantasy premiere league team is flawless after my 12th tweaking despite their doubts

View attachment 108180

Part of me with my back 3 of left backs and midfield of wide forwards wishes that you had to field an FF team with players actually in their nominal postion(s). Also another FF pet peeve of mine is that Salah/Mane/Rashford etc are forwards not midfielders.

Ligue Un v La Liga

Even with PSG Ligue Un has been more competitive over the last decade than La Liga not to mention the Bundesliga, the hipsters preferred one horse race.
ah okay that was confusing without context lol

They've had 1 more winner since 2010. PSG are trying to firm up their league so they don't have any Monaco or Lille surprises again. Is there another club more bang on to win their league this season than PSG? It would be a complete embarrassment to not win it and make it at least to the CL semifinals. Whereas with La Liga, since you brought it up, the top 2 or 3 teams are hyper competitive and it could be any one of them again this season. Maybe it's finally Sevilla's year? There's no way of knowing who will win La Liga with all the moves happening. Fewer winners in the last decade by one club, but you can at least say it has been much more exciting rather than PSG running away with it in most seasons.

1628610758969.png1628610769291.png

ah okay that was confusing without context lol

They've had 1 more winner since 2010. PSG are trying to firm up their league so they don't have any Monaco or Lille surprises again. Is there another club more bang on to win their league this season than PSG? It would be a complete embarrassment to not win it and make it at least to the CL semifinals. Whereas with La Liga, since you brought it up, the top 2 or 3 teams are hyper competitive and it could be any one of them again this season. Maybe it's finally Sevilla's year? There's no way of knowing who will win La Liga with all the moves happening. Fewer winners in the last decade by one club, but you can at least say it has been much more exciting rather than PSG running away with it in most seasons.

View attachment 108265View attachment 108266

The year before is Marseille and just before that is Bordeaux around there too all just after Lyon’s run. You’re all the way back to Rafa’s Valencia for the next thing in Spain. I really don’t buy the hype of the Spanish league outside the big two, and once a decade Atletico, it’s boring and predictable. And don’t get me started on Germany which is worse than Scotland, at least there are 2 big clubs there.

The year before is Marseille and just before that is Bordeaux around there too all just after Lyon’s run. You’re all the way back to Rafa’s Valencia for the next thing in Spain. I really don’t buy the hype of the Spanish league outside the big two, and once a decade Atletico, it’s boring and predictable. And don’t get me started on Germany which is worse than Scotland, at least there are 2 big clubs there.
I get what you're trying to say but, currently, Ligue 1 is less competitive than La Liga. Even if it's been historically a more competitive, once PSG took over it all changed. The top 3 La Liga clubs in the past 15~ years have been some of Europe's best performing in UEFA comps. Who knows if that continues this season. Poch could blow it again with Messi and co. but they'll probably run away with it comfortably. La Liga is wide open now that Messi left.

France 2 champions outside PSG in 5 years including one last year when Monaco were also right in the mix on the last day.

Spain 3 championships from 2 teams outside the Madrid/Barca duopoly since Deportivo’s miracle in 1999/2000.

Im all honesty I really don’t enjoy watching either, but I think a lot of football snobbery can come into play.

only a few days away!!! Anyone else joining?!

@jaycee 👀 😁
I stopped playing all fantasy stuff a few years ago after doing it for ... well... decades really for football and baseball, but i'll give this a try this year with you all. Although, I have no idea what I'm doing and will almost certainly finish last.

Back