It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

I stopped playing all fantasy stuff a few years ago after doing it for ... well... decades really for football and baseball, but i'll give this a try this year with you all. Although, I have no idea what I'm doing and will almost certainly finish last.

Me n Joe will be tough competition for last place!! Good luck and godspeed 😎

I stopped playing all fantasy stuff a few years ago after doing it for ... well... decades really for football and baseball, but i'll give this a try this year with you all. Although, I have no idea what I'm doing and will almost certainly finish last.

Me n Joe will be tough competition for last place!! Good luck and godspeed 😎
Y'all are gonna have to fight me for that bottom spot.

Have any reputable sources picked that up yet or is still just the rumour mill?
This guy has it and he's been all over the transfer market this summer, especially the Messi deal. He's pretty legitimate.

I'm just thrilled Messi isn't in the EPL at either Chelsea or City. Obviously, I want Liverpool to win the EPL this year but I'll be happy if anyone not named City and Chelsea win it this year.

This guy has it and he's been all over the transfer market this summer, especially the Messi deal. He's pretty legitimate.

I'm just thrilled Messi isn't in the EPL at either Chelsea or City. Obviously, I want Liverpool to win the EPL this year but I'll be happy if anyone not named City and Chelsea win it this year.

Yup, Fabrizio is one of the best out there. I also think the Euro figure has to be in Pounds because why would two English clubs use Euro?

Same news is also in a Guardian article - Manchester City ready to pay €150m to sign Harry Kane from Tottenham

Yeah there’s usually smoke when he posts but he also posts about every single piece of info he gets no matter how far along the line it is or how likely it is to come to fruition. Eg. I highly doubt that any of Camivanga, Neves or Saul will be at United before the end of August and he’s been pushing those hard. I don’t doubt there was interest and talks but I do doubt how likely any of those was this summer without a significant shift of fringe players. I tend to get more interested if there is chatter from journalists that work that clubs patch, and that aren’t writing clickbait for red tops, get an article published on it by a decent paper.

We all know City are interested if Spurs will negotiate so there is nothing new as such in that. Plus if Spurs stick to their guns there is no negotiation so €150m is a fair chunk less than £150m and Manchester is still in England.

Quite frankly the whole big 6 are morally bankrupt so let whomever plays the best football win it and the debate over sportswashing v leech owners v absentee owners v debt play out as a side show of all our dirty laundry.

Last edited:
Back