It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Christian Ramirez, our new No. 9, has 4 in 4 since joining from Houston. Some player so far. Is he currently involved in the USA squad?

He’s already got a song (to the tune of ABBA Gimme Gimme Gimme)

Give it, give it, give it to Christian Ramirez
Pass him the ball and watch him score all the goals!

Apparently he has 2 caps and 1 goal at age 30. US has really been focusing on developing the next generation.

Some result for you lads @hamicle

Should be a cracker at home next week!
Can’t wait. Season ticket holder so should get priority on tickets, renewing ST holders got it included. Hopefully the council don’t put any restrictions on attendance.

A wee bit gutted that they equalised, I was ready to bust out the “Galatasaray? GalatasaSHITE!” patter. Next week!

Good night all around for the Scottish clubs in Europe. Not often we can say that!

For fucks sake. I’m still not over the fact that xG is the biggest load of bullshit I’ve come across when I read an article about xT as the latest analytical “innovation”. For fucks sake can I not just watch the match in peace free from this bollocks. watch NFL if you want a list of bullshit stats rather than a sport…

I think I need to find myself a line up of statisticians to perform a ritual sacrifice of…

For fucks sake. I’m still not over the fact that xG is the biggest load of bullshit I’ve come across when I read an article about xT as the latest analytical “innovation”. For fucks sake can I not just watch the match in peace free from this bollocks. watch NFL if you want a list of bullshit stats rather than a sport…

I think I need to find myself a line up of statisticians to perform a ritual sacrifice of…
Yup, I call bullshit. It'll be xH next, for expected hooliganism/social media abuse etc. I've never been a gambler, and hate the way it's so linked to modern football.

Yup, I call bullshit. It'll be xH next, for expected hooliganism/social media abuse etc. I've never been a gambler, and hate the way it's so linked to modern football.

Yeah Im the same, don’t really bet at all and hate the fact that I’m inundated with a slew of adverts before during and after every match.

Also really think that there is a huge ethical implication with the bookie sponsorship of teams/leagues and the tie ins with betting companies to allow them to have a kiosk in the ground.

Banning all of that would definitely be high up my off pitch agenda if I was suddenly given “the power”!

PSG probably the only ones who can afford him. Of course, if he is feeling charitable and willing to play for a significant salary reduction then he is always welcome at Aberdeen.
He could come off the bench to give Ramirez a rest. Also, don’t know if he could cope with a damp Tuesday night away to St Mirren…

Yeah Im the same, don’t really bet at all and hate the fact that I’m inundated with a slew of adverts before during and after every match.

Also really think that there is a huge ethical implication with the bookie sponsorship of teams/leagues and the tie ins with betting companies to allow them to have a kiosk in the ground.

Banning all of that would definitely be high up my off pitch agenda if I was suddenly given “the power”!

I’m with you guys ..I think the moral bankruptcy of continuous betting ads thru every major sport event is disgusting..all this talk of mental health and welfare and they allow this barrage of temptation...hypocritical...and “actors” “stars” “ex players” taking the money to promote these companies should be ashamed

I’m with you guys ..I think the moral bankruptcy of continuous betting ads thru every major sport event is disgusting..all this talk of mental health and welfare and they allow this barrage of temptation...hypocritical...and “actors” “stars” “ex players” taking the money to promote these companies should be ashamed

Yeah from a moral standpoint for sure! I find particularly distasteful is skybet continually using Paul Merson in their ads despite the fact that he’s open in being addicted to pretty much everything one can be addicted to and that gambling addiction in particular nearly bankrupt/killed him.

In terms of the competition too a company that could profit from a sports team loosing investing money in terms of sponsorship and/or partnerships to have kiosks etc on site is a strange ethical balancing act that I’ve never fully been able to square!

Yeah from a moral standpoint for sure! I find particularly distasteful is skybet continually using Paul Merson in their ads despite the fact that he’s open in being addicted to pretty much everything one can be addicted to and that gambling addiction in particular nearly bankrupt/killed him.

In terms of the competition too a company that could profit from a sports team loosing investing money in terms of sponsorship and/or partnerships to have kiosks etc on site is a strange ethical balancing act that I’ve never fully been able to square!

It’s one of my pet rants that the wife has to tolerate ...seem to be increasing as I get older ....

Don’t start me on the obligatory female panellist / pundit on every sport event ......

It’s one of my pet rants that the wife has to tolerate ...seem to be increasing as I get older ....

Don’t start me on the obligatory female panellist / pundit on every sport event ......

Not so much with you on the second one give that all pundits are intrinsically shit and I’d quite happily have the lady next door on a panel over Graeme Souness who is a nasty bastard that talks utter shit and is seemingly only only there to have someone with a more intense psycho stare than Keane. And don’t get me started on the vapid waste of space of an M&S model on there…

Not so much with you on the second one give that all pundits are intrinsically shit and I’d quite happily have the lady next door on a panel over Graeme Souness who is a nasty bastard that talks utter shit and is seemingly only only there to have someone with a more intense psycho stare than Keane. And don’t get me started on the vapid waste of space of an M&S model on there…

Glad it’s not just me that goes off on one!

Go Joe Go

Just be thankful you don't have to deal with Alexi Lalas commentary

Back