It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Wow. That game was amazing. Both teams played amazingly. Very physical. I'm sad that wasn't the final because France does not deserve to be eliminated already.

I have to say, after that game, the US must be feeling very confident in themselves. Great great game. Wow. I'm exhausted and all I did was watch.

Wow. That game was amazing. Both teams played amazingly. Very physical. I'm sad that wasn't the final because France does not deserve to be eliminated already.

I have to say, after that game, the US must be feeling very confident in themselves. Great great game. Wow. I'm exhausted and all I did was watch.
I thought France was a bit disappointing, especially their offense early on, but that was a great win by the US, their midfield played amazing.
I think England have been playing great so it might be their toughest game of the tournament.

England could surprise the US but I think after watching all of the Quarterfinal games so far, the US are just playing at a higher level of pace, power, ability than the other teams.

So I think it'll be Germany vs. US in the final. The Dutch looked really good in the second half of their game today versus Italy, but, whether it was the heat or something else, they just lacked the sharpness that the US or Germany have. If the Dutch make it to the final, the US will easily win, if Germany does, who knows. The Germans are ranked #2 in the world, not the French like a lot of people thought were second best.

I haven't managed to see Germany play yet, will see how they do against Sweden today (they should win easily). US really looked good yesterday, but I still think it could go either way vs England, they've been more consistent than France all tournament. Don't think the Dutch have a chance.

I haven't managed to see Germany play yet, will see how they do against Sweden today (they should win easily). US really looked good yesterday, but I still think it could go either way vs England, they've been more consistent than France all tournament. Don't think the Dutch have a chance.
They've been playing well, I still don't think they're playing to their potential yet. Today's game will be good.

England could surprise the US but I think after watching all of the Quarterfinal games so far, the US are just playing at a higher level of pace, power, ability than the other teams.

So I think it'll be Germany vs. US in the final. The Dutch looked really good in the second half of their game today versus Italy, but, whether it was the heat or something else, they just lacked the sharpness that the US or Germany have. If the Dutch make it to the final, the US will easily win, if Germany does, who knows. The Germans are ranked #2 in the world, not the French like a lot of people thought were second best.
This aged well 😳

Germany isn't in the position right now to be a contender in such a tournament especially with the best player being out injured for most of the tournament and obviously playing a half today not in the best shape. The team had a bunch of changes in coaches in recent years with ever changing philosophy so quarter finals was okay. They had one good game against spainbut did not really play convincing throughout. There is younger talent coming up, so we might see more of them in the future. Sweden looked great, though. We might see them in the final.

I'm surprised Sweden beat Germany. Very surprised.

Playing Sweden 2x makes me nervous. Surely they will adjust, they have seen the US's playbook. Ugh. That just makes me so nervous.

Yeah, it was a strange move that they sat out half of their team in the game agaainst the us

They didn’t want to play France.

Aha. That might be it. I forgot about that.

Well, everyone can thank the US for taking out France.

Not just a response to you, @Joyless Division - but I am HERE for how much positive press Rapinoe is getting. It is doing wonders for my mental health - I am being sincere. A very outspoken, liberal, no nonsense lesbian is being called a hero. And how many young girls look up to her? Heart has swelled a ton!

(Just don't read the comments for these articles)

Last edited:
Aha. That might be it. I forgot about that.

Well, everyone can thank the US for taking out France.

Not just a response to you, @Joyless Division - but I am HERE for how much positive press Rapinoe is getting. It is doing wonders for my mental health - I am being sincere. A very outspoken, liberal, no nonsense lesbian is being called a hero. And how many young girls look up to her? Heart has swelled a ton!

(Just don't read the comments for these articles)

She’s the real deal. Something that has struck me about her at the event pictured above and a couple other Reign FC events we’ve attended where the girls get access to the players- she’s infectiously humble and real with all the kids. Nobody expects her to do more than photo ops, but she’s completely involved and earns all of the youth (and adult) admiration off the field too.

Yeah there's been a little too much "oh so we should have this in the bag now after France". But I'm also a habitually nervous/pessimistic sports fan. I need Horan to start!
Horan, Pugh, Brien, Press. There is still so much depth on the bench.

I'm nervous too though. Lucy is gonna be tough!

Back