It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Is he any good? I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play!
He’s a perfect successor to Moussa Dembelé. Except he’s faster, and can take a shot on.

I think he was MOTM versus either City or Barca in the CL this season. Our midfield was so shit last season I just can’t wait to see what he can bring.

He’s a perfect successor to Moussa Dembelé. Except he’s faster, and can take a shot on.

I think he was MOTM versus either City or Barca in the CL this season. Our midfield was so shit last season I just can’t wait to see what he can bring.

But have you seen him play? I don’t trust those videos (they can’t half make the worlds most infuriating players look like geniuses - shout out to Nani!). From descriptions in the papers he’s sounds ideal but I tend to reserve judgment without seeing a full match, particularly for a central midfielder!

But have you seen him play? I don’t trust those videos (they can’t half make the worlds most infuriating players look like geniuses - shout out to Nani!). From descriptions in the papers he’s sounds ideal but I tend to reserve judgment without seeing a full match, particularly for a central midfielder!
yes I watched him play against City and Barca as mentioned above. He's exceptional with ball retention, like Dembele was, and moving from offense to defense. Him paired with Sissoko or Winks will be world changing. We were dreadful at cycling the ball through midfield which is why halfway through the season we resorted to sticking Dele or Eriksen at CM, when that's not their preferred position and Toby or Jan just hoofed it up-field hoping for the best most of the time since our midfield was pretty much just Sissoko most of the time.
He was good until he went to Spurs ;)
you could say the same thing about Bakayoko ;)

yes I watched him play against City and Barca as mentioned above. He's exceptional with ball retention, like Dembele was, and moving from offense to defense. Him paired with Sissoko or Winks will be world changing. We were dreadful at cycling the ball through midfield which is why halfway through the season we resorted to sticking Dele or Eriksen at CM, when that's not their preferred position and Toby or Jan just hoofed it up-field hoping for the best most of the time since our midfield was pretty much just Sissoko most of the time.

you could say the same thing about Bakayoko ;)
*slow clap* Touché, amigo.

I do hope Frankie can get the best out of Baka. He has talent in the right system, that's for sure.

*slow clap* Touché, amigo.

I do hope Frankie can get the best out of Baka. He has talent in the right system, that's for sure.
I’m not writing you off you somehow manage to win trophies year after year even if by Chelsea’s standards they’re considered “off-years.” I think the transfer ban may be a blessing in disguise knowing the loan army you lot have.

Last edited:
I would also just like to chastise all of you for doubting Naeher! ;)

I think I had about 15 texts from friends that all said, "Naeher heard you yelling about her for the last several weeks and STEPPED UP!"

Must say that was a really high quality game and congrats to the US but England deserve every bit as much credit for making it the game it was. The offside was incredibly harsh (I know technically but half a boot lol) if acurate and I did think it was a penalty, but well saved!

Back