It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

I would also just like to chastise all of you for doubting Naeher! ;)

I think I had about 15 texts from friends that all said, "Naeher heard you yelling about her for the last several weeks and STEPPED UP!"
I've been critical of her and out backline this whole tournament. She really stepped up, because England terrorized our defense. She had the game of her life.

Must say that was a really high quality game and congrats to the US but England deserve every bit as much credit for making it the game it was. The offside was incredibly harsh (I know technically but half a boot lol) if acurate and I did think it was a penalty, but well saved!

Why on earth would you let a defender take the penalty when you’ve got a striker that’s banging them in? Unbelievable.

Why on earth would you let a defender take the penalty when you’ve got a striker that’s banging them in? Unbelievable.

If she’s your designated taker and has a good record I suppose you don’t change from routine?

If she’s your designated taker and has a good record I suppose you don’t change from routine?

Ah is she the full time pen taker? I thought she was taking it because she’s the captain. It wasn’t her when they played Scotland.

Ah is she the full time pen taker? I thought she was taking it because she’s the captain. It wasn’t her when they played Scotland.

I don’t know, I was speculating. If that’s the case that’s poor form from her unless she was off the pitch for the Scotland penalty or the taker on that day was off the pitch for todays.

So I was reading a bit of the reaction and apparently after scoring against Scotland Parris had missed 2 pens in the tournament so they had switched penalty takers to Houghton.

Just read my renewal email for my LA Galaxy season ticket 25% increase :oops:. They are still pretty cheap at $475 a season but that seems to be quite a jump. Seems like the fans are paying for bad decisions at the club and inevitable loss of tv revenue.

I believe you get unlimited transfers to set up your team before the first GW deadline on August 9. Has anyone already picked a squad yet?

72503DB8-19EA-4636-9168-890F7AD6C241.png

Yeah you do, squad isn’t finalised until just before the season kicks off. This is mine right now.

61792C7D-7A03-417A-A3D9-52288DAE78A0.jpeg

Last edited:
I think I was second from the bottom last year. Truly rubbish performance!
@Joe Mac can you send me the league code please?

I think we were the two in the bottom four just above you!

I don’t know the code, I think it’s a continuation from last years league and I was added automatically! Maybe @Skacel has the code for anyone new who wants to join?

I didn’t realise Sheffield Utd - SHU - had stolen two of our best players (afc Bournemouth). Maybe I should put some money on some transfer gossip.

edit - ignore me - first home game!

Last edited:
Back