It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Didn’t watch the game, but the men’s team 6 over Trinidad!! Anyone criticizing celebrations yet?
Double standards :rolleyes:

It was a good game though. Looked like T&T gave up after the second goal. Also I wonder how much being on home soil helped.

Also nobody in the wider football community really watches the gold cup so they can pretty much do what they want and it won’t really make that much of a splash 😜
Oh yeah for sure. I have some friends who are USMNT fans who think the Gold Cup is a big deal but it’s not. I don’t really support the USMNT myself so I don’t care either way. The USWNT is the only US team I care about in any way.

First real test for the US women. Their D hasn't looked great, even though Spain has had very little possession early on.

Last edited:
This could be a nail-biter if the US don't come out strong in the 2nd half (they probably will). Spain kept getting better as the game went on and the US looked sluggish.

First real test for the US women. Their D hasn't looked great, even though Spain has had very little possession early on.
The US looks terrible! Where is their D???

I have zero faith in Naeher after she allowed that goal. That was awful and inexcusable. I only wish I had heard what Hope had to say about it.

Hadn’t really participated in this thread yet. USA- France is about as exciting a matchup as one could ask for. A bit disappointing that they are meeting in the quarters, but oh well. It’s very strange watching this WC with my daughters, both club players and not hating any teams. Officiating & VAR have been horrible throughout.

Back