Incoming! The New Equipment Thread

@kvetcha’s sloppy seconds system.

giphy.gif

A few days ago I made a post in the MoFi UD/SD thread asking about new carts since it's time to replace the UltraTracker on my StudioDeck...and well one thing led to another and yada yada yada...my new NAD C3050 with BluOS module will be delivered on Thursday! :LOL:

A few days ago I made a post in the MoFi UD/SD thread asking about new carts since it's time to replace the UltraTracker on my StudioDeck...and well one thing led to another and yada yada yada...my new NAD C3050 with BluOS module will be delivered on Thursday! :LOL:
Oooohhh. What were you using before?

Oooohhh. What were you using before?
Marantz PM6005. I've been slowly updating my whole setup over the last few years and the amp was really the last piece that "needed" an upgrade.

So now I'll be working with a MoFi Studiodeck -> MoFi Studiophono -> NAD C 3050 -> KEF LS50 Meta. Hopefully soon to be adding a Grado Sonata3 to the mix and then I should be in good shape for a while (until the next thing catches my eye at least).

I feel like I haven't even been able to see what the KEFs can really do yet so I am really looking forward to the extra power the NAD will bring to the party.

Marantz PM6005. I've been slowly updating my whole setup over the last few years and the amp was really the last piece that "needed" an upgrade.

So now I'll be working with a MoFi Studiodeck -> MoFi Studiophono -> NAD C 3050 -> KEF LS50 Meta. Hopefully soon to be adding a Grado Sonata3 to the mix and then I should be in good shape for a while (until the next thing catches my eye at least).

I feel like I haven't even been able to see what the KEFs can really do yet so I am really looking forward to the extra power the NAD will bring to the party.
If you need any help setting up the Dirac please don't hesitate to ask. Same for you Newman.

What started as a tube phono stage trial, turned into this...😬

New to me Rogue Preamp w Phono (left) is up and running today.

Just got a few Marquee Moon and BNC tracks in so far between meetings but this is pulling some nice sound from the vinyl I wasn't getting before. And it complements the big power amp nicely.

The Node sounds like shit streaming with the BluOS DAC going through Preamp AUX input so I'll have to figure that out later.

20240213_135453.jpg

What started as a tube phono stage trial, turned into this...😬

New to me Rogue Preamp w Phono (left) is up and running today.

Just got a few Marquee Moon and BNC tracks in so far between meetings but this is pulling some nice sound from the vinyl I wasn't getting before. And it complements the big power amp nicely.

The Node sounds like shit streaming with the BluOS DAC going through Preamp AUX input so I'll have to figure that out later.

View attachment 195216
I’m going to guess that room doesn’t see many kids. Or cats.

Back