Incoming! The New Equipment Thread

Hope you get this figured out because I've seen a fair amount of claims that Schiit's customer service has declined overall. That would be unfortunate if it proves true.
They finally emailed me back just now. But they ignored most of my message and it just said I could return it and then they'd send a replacement. Better than nothing, but kind of disappointing after better experiences with their CS in the past.

Decided to mono-block NAD 275BEE amplifiers

C 275BEE and added a matching
C 275BEE
Power goes from
150W x 2 to over 400W x 2
Being Class A gives it the ability to hit 1200 watts X 2 dynamic power in bursts when necessary
Class A is power alchemy
Definitely a value purchase as they are not spendy
I loved my NAD C272 amp; it’s equivalent to my Bryston 4B-ST sonically but does not have the balanced inputs.

These NAD amps are Class A/B (or Class G if you really want to get technical) versus Class A. Class A amps run quite warm and might as well be room heaters! I find the NAD to run a fair bit cooler than the Bryston, which is a true Class AB amp.

Enjoy your pair of C275 BEE amps. I find them to be something special.

I loved my NAD C272 amp; it’s equivalent to my Bryston 4B-ST sonically but does not have the balanced inputs.

These NAD amps are Class A/B (or Class G if you really want to get technical) versus Class A. Class A amps run quite warm and might as well be room heaters! I find the NAD to run a fair bit cooler than the Bryston, which is a true Class AB amp.

Yes you are correct A/B
Fixed my post
Had a Bryston 5B-ST but traded it for the NAD 275s
The Bryston is a higher build quality…the proverbial tank construction
I have never used balanced power out…XLR to RCA with the Bryston
The NAD BEEs have some interesting design features

The added benefit of my tubes is that I don’t need to turn the heating on for as long in the winter…

Decided to mono-block NAD 275BEE amplifiers

C 275BEE and added a matching
C 275BEE
Power goes from
150W x 2 to over 400W x 2
They have the ability to hit 1200 watts X 2 dynamic power in bursts when necessary
Definitely a value purchase as they are not spendy
Are you looking to blow up the neighborhood? That's insane wattage, the lion's share of which will remain untapped.

Tube Preamp is in transit starting today.

Had a great experience with Echo Hifi.
Thanks for some good feedback on N&G to give me a hint to try them.
I got this for around $900 shipped, which I think is a great value.

Rogue Audio Perseus Magnum preamp

40 - 65 dB gain phono stage included
- RIAA equalization within 0.25 DB
Magnum upgrades included
- Larger power supply
- Power supply upgrades
- Hex Fred high speed diodes
- Coupling cap upgrades
- Polypropylene byass capacitors in filters
- PRP resistors in critical spots
- Upgraded 12AU7 tubes

This little tube fever is over for now, but incredible changes to my system.
Can't wait to see how it all sounds when this gets here.

View attachment 194701View attachment 194702View attachment 194703
Echo rules. Just be glad it wasn’t pick-up only! ;)

Yes you are correct A/B
Fixed my post
Had a Bryston 5B-ST but traded it for the NAD 275s
The Bryston is a higher build quality…the proverbial tank construction
I have never used balanced power out…XLR to RCA with the Bryston
The NAD BEEs have some interesting design features
Since I have a matching BP-25 preamp with XLR out, I’ve kept my Bryston amp. I used the NAD C272 for several months while I had the 4B-ST recapped. The NAD was completely satisfying using RCA interconnects.

Once the Bryston was back, I could convince myself in a sighted comparison that it was better. But, truthfully, I probably couldn’t tell the difference in a blind test. I keep the NAD around in case I want to build a *third* system! 😂

I’d recommend the C272 or C275 to anyone needing a lot of power from an inexpensive, transparent amp.

It’s quite good after listening for about four hours, vocals stood out first as being noticeably different. The sound stage seems larger both vertically and horizontally. Instruments are all clearer, all having a clear spot in the sound stage.
That's awesome. I bet it gets better with some hours on it.

You didn't snap any wires on the install?.....
No, I had no hiccups until I played my first record. The threaded cartridge body made installing it on the head shell a breeze. Put on heartbreaker by Ryan Adam’s, almost no right channel. Put the old cartridge back on with no issue. I had set the anti skate on my PLX 1000 to “4” because every other cart has run on this setting, however with the oc9 it needed to be set to “2”.

I did a thing. They will be here Thursday. Audio GE Teddy Classics from Lithuania. No US distribution currently but these sell for €3k a pair in Europe. I found a pair in Long Island for just under half that shipped. Drivers are Scan Speak from Denmark and easily sourced if needed.

Underwood HiFi was selling these for under $2k but it looks like they are trying to push their own speakers instead. Inflation probably didn’t help matters.

IMG_2959.jpeg

I did a thing. They will be here Thursday. Audio GE Teddy Classics from Lithuania. No US distribution currently but these sell for €3k a pair in Europe. I found a pair in Long Island for just under half that shipped. Drivers are Scan Speak from Denmark and easily sourced if needed.

Underwood HiFi was selling these for under $2k but it looks like they are trying to push their own speakers instead. Inflation probably didn’t help matters.

View attachment 195194
Where the Fortes go?

Back