Incoming! The New Equipment Thread

The Schiit Skoll arrived this morning. I had been debating back and forth between this and something from Darlington, but the fact that everything is adjustable with a remote rather than needing to open it up, plus it came in a bit cheaper, had me pick this option for my latest upgrade. It is a significant jump up from the Mani and is dead silent with zero noticable interference. It's completely opened up my system on what I've spun so far.

Only complaint is that it arrived with what appears to be a manufacturing flaw. Something is loose and shaking around in there and three of the LEDs are just empty holes on the front. So that kind of pisses me off after playing the waiting game, but since it seemed to only be LED related I wasn't going to wait to check it out and I hope with my good experiences with Schiit so far that they'll take care of it quickly.

View attachment 194440
View attachment 194441
Four days (granted two were the weekend) but Schiit still hasn't replied to my emails about this arriving damaged. Getting a little frustrated by the lack of even an acknowledgement.

I’ll have that same OC9XML on my table when I get it back in the next couple of days. Looking forward to hearing how it compares to the Hana SL I’ve been running for most of the last couple of years.
Albeit irrelevant to sound quality it’s going to look fucking sweet with a gold head shell on my PLX 1000.

Tube Preamp is in transit starting today.

Had a great experience with Echo Hifi.
Thanks for some good feedback on N&G to give me a hint to try them.
I got this for around $900 shipped, which I think is a great value.

Rogue Audio Perseus Magnum preamp

40 - 65 dB gain phono stage included
- RIAA equalization within 0.25 DB
Magnum upgrades included
- Larger power supply
- Power supply upgrades
- Hex Fred high speed diodes
- Coupling cap upgrades
- Polypropylene byass capacitors in filters
- PRP resistors in critical spots
- Upgraded 12AU7 tubes

This little tube fever is over for now, but incredible changes to my system.
Can't wait to see how it all sounds when this gets here.

19989_2.jpg19989_3.jpg19989_4.jpg

Somewhat of a cross post from the new awesome phono thread because I'm all over the place right now 😬

I finally figured out I can preamp my AVR to the new Rogue power amp until I get a proper 2 ch preamp. I'm even using some sketchy RCAs now until I get more official.

Regardless, the big power amp is up and running.
Damn this is some power. Very commanding sound right out of the gate running Ultralinear. This thing sings.

The hot tubes are gorgeous...
Very cool amp. Totally worth a day drive now.
It's a game changer.

View attachment 194645View attachment 194646View attachment 194647
She’s a beauty!

Tube Preamp is in transit starting today.

Had a great experience with Echo Hifi.
Thanks for some good feedback on N&G to give me a hint to try them.
I got this for around $900 shipped, which I think is a great value.

Rogue Audio Perseus Magnum preamp

40 - 65 dB gain phono stage included
- RIAA equalization within 0.25 DB
Magnum upgrades included
- Larger power supply
- Power supply upgrades
- Hex Fred high speed diodes
- Coupling cap upgrades
- Polypropylene byass capacitors in filters
- PRP resistors in critical spots
- Upgraded 12AU7 tubes

This little tube fever is over for now, but incredible changes to my system.
Can't wait to see how it all sounds when this gets here.

View attachment 194701View attachment 194702View attachment 194703

Rogue makes fine products.

DMS-700 arrived this morning. Wasn't aware Cary automatically burns in the DAC prior to delivery so that was a pleasant surprise. With the upsampling modes, this thing really sings.

Excited to have more time with it this weekend, seeing as I still have a damn ground loop issue to solve with the VPI. 🙄

1000000660.jpg

Rogue makes fine products.
It's my first experience with them, but when I called them early Monday morning they picked up the phone right away to help me troubleshoot the dead phono stage from AA. I'm fairly confident they should be around in the future to upgrade and/or repair hardware too.

Last edited:
DMS-700 arrived this morning. Wasn't aware Cary automatically burns in the DAC prior to delivery so that was a pleasant surprise. With the upsampling modes, this thing really sings.

Excited to have more time with it this weekend, seeing as I still have a damn ground loop issue to solve with the VPI. 🙄

View attachment 194751
Killer looking setup!

Decided to mono-block NAD 275BEE amplifiers

C 275BEE and added a matching
C 275BEE
Power goes from
150W x 2 to over 400W x 2
They have the ability to hit 1200 watts X 2 dynamic power in bursts when necessary
Definitely a value purchase as they are not spendy

Last edited:
Back