Hot Take/ Musical Confession Thread!

Metallica vs Megadeath is moot. I can't recall a Megadeath album being brought up in conversation that wasn't Rust In Peace.
Peace Sells...But Who’s Buying? is frequently included in the classics lists too
Countdown to Extinction is a personal favorite of mine. It’s an adventurous, yet still totally killer record.

Metallica vs Megadeath is moot. I can't recall a Megadeath album being brought up in conversation that wasn't Rust In Peace.
Peace Sells...But Who’s Buying? is frequently included in the classics lists too
Countdown to Extinction is a personal favorite of mine. It’s an adventurous, yet still totally killer record.

What’s a “Megadeath”? It’s Sad but True that I don’t quite understand what you are talking about.

It's moot in that there's only one truly great Metallica record and there are at least three Megadeth records.

I read this as: "Among the totality of Metallica's Oeuvre,one of the albums is truly great and, by the way, Megadeath's put out three records."
I wont accept any other interpretation.

Well, I did fuck it up, but I am firmly in camp Megadeth here.
Team Metallica here. Though, I do find Lars to be slightly more annoying than Dave Mustaine. One of the coldest “Behind The Music” stories ever is Metallica kicking Mustaine out of the band like mid tour. I think they like bought em a bus ticket woke him up and told him he was out.

Pretty much gave up on Flaming Lips at Soft Bulletin. When they were an alternative/indie rawk band they would literally blow the doors off a venue. So loud and bass-y you would be afraid that you would crap yourself.

Care to elaborate
its so bland and samey that it doesn't feel like he is doing much.. i often like thug when he is off the wall and doing whatever the fuck he wants

but this was so safe and easy that i only got halfway through

Reactions: Tyr
Back