Hot Take/ Musical Confession Thread!

Hot take off the grill...

Gulf Shrimp > Caribbean Lobster
Never had spiny lobster so it's hard for me to judge but I feel like there's a reason we have tanks of cold water lobsters from much farther away and nobody sells the warm water ones.

I also think the only think that keeps blue crab from being regarded as well as lobster is that you have to work a lot more to get the same amount of meat. To me the flavor is at least as good. Not sure if that is a hot take or not.

If they are complaining about it going past 3:30 yea, but not if there are complaining about sitting though Richter's Sleep. I can understand that. who can sit through 8 hours of music?
If you sitting through all 8 hours of Max Richter's Sleep you are doing it wrong. It is a musical piece literally designed to play while sleeping.

Pretty much gave up on Flaming Lips at Soft Bulletin. When they were an alternative/indie rawk band they would literally blow the doors off a venue. So loud and bass-y you would be afraid that you would crap yourself.

I started following them at Soft Bulletin - seen them more than a few times since then. I think for awhile it got to be too gimmicky / Wayne got pretty long winded, but the last time I saw them it seemed a lot tighter and the visuals were wild. Wayne still extends stuff out, but nowhere near what it was during the At War With the Mystics tour.

That being said, I wish that I had seen some of the early shows - the '96 tour in particular. The low-fi aspect of the background lights is just amazing.

I mean more of the former. I don't mean songs that are long for the sake of being long.

I think it all depends. Long songs that are long and repetitive and boring are no better for being long and brevity is a form of genius. It takes an extraordinary skill to pull off a long song, very very few artists possess it in the pop/rock spheres.

Over course other types of music that have movements rather than songs are a different kettle of fish altogether.

Back