Hot Take/ Musical Confession Thread!

ByersVinyl

Just thought of a hot take whilst i was listening to Dylan.
I love Dylan but i dont love Blonde on Blonde. For instance “Sad eyed Lady of the lowlands“. for me sounds like a 3min tune but goes on forever.....................

Last edited:

Endtro

I've never liked anyone's version of Dancing in the Streets.
bcc339c82a7767438df64f4e4e566491.gif

dhodo

kanye is definitely not a genius. hes just had great marketing, timing, and the balls to do some dumb shit on tv from time to time that luckily for him this generation seems to accept / encourage.
You wouldn't even say he is a talented producer? I'm not even remotely a Kanye stan, but I'll give him that. He is a garbage person now though and/or needs help.

Skacel

ranbalam

debianlinux

Anyone who knows my tastes knows that Taylor is basically just acceptably fine and folk music is mostly my jam. To that end, I'll just go on record as saying she should just go back to being above board pop instead of acting like she's some new gift to folk music. I've made it to track 9 on folklore and this is some bland ass boring pseudo-folk pop music. I saw a recent article comparing her to Fiona and Jess Williamson. If it weren't for that article I would not have likely even bothered listening but here I am and I can say that is a complete insult to those fine artists. Nothing about this approaches the folk mastery Jess beings to the table.

TenderLovingKiller®

Anyone who knows my tastes knows that Taylor is basically just acceptably fine and folk music is mostly my jam. To that end, I'll just go on record as saying she should just go back to being above board pop instead of acting like she's some new gift to folk music. I've made it to track 9 on folklore and this is some bland ass boring pseudo-folk pop music. I saw a recent article comparing her to Fiona and Jess Williamson. If it weren't for that article I would not have likely even bothered listening but here I am and I can say that is a complete insult to those fine artists. Nothing about this approaches the folk mastery Jess beings to the table.
I think it is fine. The closet comp I could think of was Lana Del Rey newest Norman Fucking Rockwell but where that album felt darkly brooding and romantic, folklore seemed safe, like all the hard edges were sanded off. It is not a bad record. It’s just isn’t a spectacular record either. People seem to like it though and it seems like she has another hit record on her hands.

Lord Diaper Baby

Yo!!! Why'd you move this out of the TS thread? It's not a hot take just cause it's not flattering to the artist the thread is about. It was valid and part of a progressing conversation.

I mean, you can put it in both threads but don't let one person get you to move it.