Gotta warp, these members can help. [Vinyl Flat]

Side note / good news,

After nearly a year of avoiding my records, I've begun digging through them and it appears some of them of unwrapped themselves naturally. For example, I'm certain my copy of Soccer Mommy: Clean was super warped after that eventful day and now its flat.

Doubt it'll work for records that come out of the factory that way as those are supposedly a lot harder to remove, but packing my shelf on the brink of too tight (but not quite), ensuring they were exactly level and them leaving them untouched for 9 months did some good.

I can do it for you. Looks like @resik is in the DC area, if not DC itself. I'm outside of DC so that shipping should be cheap.

I do have an album finishing up in my flat right now. Then I have to put another one in. So there would be a little bit of a line.

Yep I'm in DC! Let me know if this works out for you @Chucktshoes

I’m purchasing some record from @resik and he has both listed as having some amount of warping. I’d like to arrange to have the records shipped to one of y’all offering this service and then have y’all forward the flatttened discs on to me. So, who up for this?😬

I can do it for you. Looks like @resik is in the DC area, if not DC itself. I'm outside of DC so that shipping should be cheap.

I do have an album finishing up in my flat right now. Then I have to put another one in. So there would be a little bit of a line.

I'm also in the DC area and my Vinyl Flat is currently open. I will be out of town after the 22nd until the 29th, but available before and after that.

Warp Angels, lend me your ears! I just got a new copy of Duke Ellington & John Coltrane and I opened it up and this guy is all types of wobbly, and weirdly scuffed for a sealed record... but unfortunately a replacement is not in the books, so I must get this bad boy squish squashed so I can properly enjoy it! Warp pictured below. Who's up for the task? I'm in LA!

Warp Angels, lend me your ears! I just got a new copy of Duke Ellington & John Coltrane and I opened it up and this guy is all types of wobbly, and weirdly scuffed for a sealed record... but unfortunately a replacement is not in the books, so I must get this bad boy squish squashed so I can properly enjoy it! Warp pictured below. Who's up for the task? I'm in LA!
View attachment 6428
I definitely can add you to the queue. I'm in Maryland. I've got 3 records in line in front of you.

Let's see if anyone closer offers up for you though. I'm nervous that cross country shipping in the summer heat will make moot any effort to flatten for you.

View attachment 6428
I could do it if there’s no one closer. I have one package from LA that’s been in transit for 3 months so I don’t have much faith in the LA post office, haha.

View attachment 6428

I'm on the other coast, but happy to do it. PM me if you like.

Hey @AnthonyI I'll be picking up my DF-01 this weekend so you can add me to the list of flatteners. Now I know that due to shipping in Canada this will really only be useful for people within' Toronto and the surrounding area but I figure I might as well put it out there...
Ohhhhhhh, that's quite a toy! Very, very nice!
Flat records and panini! 😉

Hey @AnthonyI I'll be picking up my DF-01 this weekend so you can add me to the list of flatteners. Now I know that due to shipping in Canada this will really only be useful for people within' Toronto and the surrounding area but I figure I might as well put it out there...
You have been added good sir, thank you for helping the cause :)

I've decided to invest in the Vinyl Flat but other then a wall timer (any recommendations?) is there anything else i should get for it?

Also, do you clean the records right before you put them in the Vinyl Flat or do they just have to have been cleaned?

I've decided to invest in the Vinyl Flat but other then a wall timer (any recommendations?) is there anything else i should get for it?

Also, do you clean the records right before you put them in the Vinyl Flat or do they just have to have been cleaned?
I clean them before I put them in the flat. I don't have a timer so I can't speak to that part. I only have the flat and the heating bag.

@Thackeraye, I inadvertently left that L-Space record in the Vinyl Flat for 12 hours (!) because I forgot to turn it off when the timer went.

Flat as a pancake! No ill effects that I can tell, but I had some choice words when I came down this morning and realized it was still on the heat.

Yea I forgot to adjust my timer once and kept it cooking overnight. No issues.

Standard- I do 5 hours on low setting and it *almost* always perfectly flattens. No sound issues. Never did any experimentation. Flattened dozens. Vinyl Flat is super easy to use. Great investment. Second behind RCM for vinyl accessories.

Add me to list - Las Vegas NV

Never did any experimentation.

I have done some - 12 hours, 24 hours, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month.

I have an older model bag, so it has only 1 heat setting.

I've never gotten damage from the vinyl flat - but that's not to say the final product was totally fixed after the fact. There is always the possibility that there is some groove damage either by the warp/unwarp or by someone trying to play through the warp.

I have a Michael Jackson record that is warped pretty badly. I acquired it from my dad’s collection. I’m in Florida if anyone is willing to flatten it for me. I’m also wondering if it’s worth it to save and invest in a vinyl flat in the future?

I have a Michael Jackson record that is warped pretty badly. I acquired it from my dad’s collection. I’m in Florida if anyone is willing to flatten it for me. I’m also wondering if it’s worth it to save and invest in a vinyl flat in the future?
It is worth the investment. Do you have a record cleaning machine? I’d invest in that first. If you can’t find someone local and wanna send to me that’s fine. Just PM if interested.

It is worth the investment. Do you have a record cleaning machine? I’d invest in that first. If you can’t find someone local and wanna send to me that’s fine. Just PM if interested.
Agreed, if you don't have an RCM I would definitely put the money towards that first because you'll use it regularly on all your albums ;)

Back