Gotta warp, these members can help. [Vinyl Flat]

I havn't ordered it yet (will this weekend most likely) but i'm getting it through Vinyl Flat (Vinyl Flat Home). I emailed them asking about shipping cost to denmark and they gave me some prices and instructions on how to pay.

ahh. thats why im asking. didnt see anything about international shipping on their site

Vinyl Flat is legit. The MJ album I have was warped very badly (dish warp), and after some hours of heating in the groovy pouch.. the dish warp is no longer for the most part. There is a little/tiny edge warp still there but as a whole the record is in better condition than it was before. I’m glad I decided to buy one. I have a Kendrick Lamar colored vinyl that I will go at next. I’m kinda nervous about it though based on the previous posts. Hopefully it turns out good once I get to it. *fingers crossed*

Vinyl Flat is legit. The MJ album I have was warped very badly (dish warp), and after some hours of heating in the groovy pouch.. the dish warp is no longer for the most part. There is a little/tiny edge warp still there but as a whole the record is in better condition than it was before. I’m glad I decided to buy one. I have a Kendrick Lamar colored vinyl that I will go at next. I’m kinda nervous about it though based on the previous posts. Hopefully it turns out good once I get to it. *fingers crossed*

Good luck. Start with minimal time with the heat and then let cool. The weight while cooling does the most work in keeping the warp from coming back, as I've taken some out while still on the warm side and the warp returns - maybe not as much as it was, but enough that it has to go back in.

I keep mine on for a few hours then unplug it while I sleep....then forget about it for a few days. It's usually perfect once I remember a record is in there.

Try putting the edge warp towards the seam/middle of the pouch...........where it folds over, that works really well on edge warps ;)

Good luck. Start with minimal time with the heat and then let cool. The weight while cooling does the most work in keeping the warp from coming back, as I've taken some out while still on the warm side and the warp returns - maybe not as much as it was, but enough that it has to go back in.

I keep mine on for a few hours then unplug it while I sleep....then forget about it for a few days. It's usually perfect once I remember a record is in there.
Try putting the edge warp towards the seam/middle of the pouch...........where it folds over, that works really well on edge warps ;)
This definitely helped. Edge warps are gone. However, when listening to the Kendrick album (red colored vinyl), there is some surface noise present. I hope I didn’t mess anything up. I had it in the groovy pouch for like two hours. I cleaned it and everything. The MJ album sounds good.

Last edited:
I, too, leave it in the pouch for at least 48 hours after I've turned the heat off. I want it to slowly come back to its natural temp while sandwiched in between the 2 heaviest pieces of metal I've ever held. Don't rush it!

Always clean before it goes into the heat. And then I usually clean it again after it comes out.

This definitely helped. Edge warps are gone. However, when listening to the Kendrick album (red colored vinyl), there is some surface noise present. I hope I didn’t mess anything up. I had it in the groovy pouch for like two hours. I cleaned it and everything. The MJ album sounds good.
Probably not, if I can, I usually clean the album and give it a spin before cooking........just so I know if there are any issues before hand and have a good point of reference for after the VF does it's job. I haven't had any noise or other issues show up after flattening so I'm going to assume it was there to begin with.

Finding a power converter for the Groovy Pouch is turning out to be harder than expected since it needs to be suitable for 150 W of continuous use. The only one's i can find are 45, 75 and 100 W and then it jumps to 300 W and is a bit less convenient to use compared to the other three.

HUGE props to @AnthonyI. I recently had a shipment from Fat Beats for the recent Hieroglyphics - 3rd Eye Vision reissue. The first one I got from Fat Beats had major warping on all three LPs. I was directed to this thread from the Pay It Forward thread. Got in touch with @AnthonyI who had me send him the warped records. He cleaned them and then flattened them using the Vinyl Flat. Then, he mailed them back. (All I had to pay for was media mail shipping there-and-back). They turned out beautifully! I have video proof to show you the before-and-after results.

Before

After

I am so impressed with how well these turned out. Anyone who is on the fence about utilizing one of our fellow forum member's services, please check these videos. Thank you again to @AnthonyI -- It seems like I may have to invest in my own Vinyl Flat!

- Matt

Is the temp in the Groovy Pouch supposed to go up and down? I tested mine to see which setting it should be on and in Med it peaked it 126.5 and high it was a little different. I used a thermometer we have and it peaked at 146 but when i inserted thermometer Vinyl Flat included it peaked at 135.5. Is it normal?

Also, do you start at 2 hours and go from there, depending on the results, or start a little lower? Same time for black as well as colored vinyl?

Is the temp in the Groovy Pouch supposed to go up and down? I tested mine to see which setting it should be on and in Med it peaked it 126.5 and high it was a little different. I used a thermometer we have and it peaked at 146 but when i inserted thermometer Vinyl Flat included it peaked at 135.5. Is it normal?

Also, do you start at 2 hours and go from there, depending on the results, or start a little lower? Same time for black as well as colored vinyl?

The temp. varies depending on what part of the pouch you're measuring. Closer to the fold is the warmest and it cools off pretty significantly as you move away from that fold. I haven't tried to leave the thermometer in the pouch for very long to observe how much it fluctuates at any one spot.

Basically, I check to see where the warp is on the lp. I make a note like: A side on the NW, edge. or C side bowl. If it's a bowl warp I don't really worry about which direction I put it in but I do keep the bowl facing up. If it's and an edge or a scoop i try to put those sides closer to the fold where it's hottest.

I also don't usually cook mine on high. I try to get everything up to temp on high for 10-15 min. Then I set my timer for however long I want to heat it.

Last edited:
The temp. varies depending on what part of the pouch you're measuring. Closer to the fold is the warmest and it cools off pretty significantly as you move away from that fold. I haven't tried to leave the thermometer in the pouch for very long to observe how much it fluctuates at any one spot.

Basically, I check to see where the warp is on the lp. I make a note like: A side on the NW, edge. or C side bowl. If it's a bowl warp I don't really worry about which direction I put it in but I do keep the bowl facing up. If it's and an edge or a scoop i try to put those sides closer to the fold where it's hottest.

I also don't usually cook mine on high. I try to get everything up to temp on high for 10-15 min. Then I set my timer for however long I want to heat it.

I put the thermometer in the edge of the fold like in the instructions.

So you pre-heat yours on High and then set it to Medium when you put the Vinyl Flat in?

Back