Gotta warp, these members can help. [Vinyl Flat]

I'm guessing that can be flattened, but I'm also guessing you'll have some whooshing noises.

That's pretty bad...and I'm sure will need a pretty long baking session.

I'm working on a stack for @tvham and the VMP Stevie Nicks is giving me some problems. I've had it baking for multiple hours long sessions, but it just isn't getting any better than that first time in.

I think it may need an extended 6 hour+ bake.

My pouch is also the older style - it is just on or off, no high or low setting. So I'm not sure how warm it actually gets.

I've had one of mine in for over a week with no issues - and the record was flat when I got it out.

That's pretty bad...and I'm sure will need a pretty long baking session.

I'm working on a stack for @tvham and the VMP Stevie Nicks is giving me some problems. I've had it baking for multiple hours long sessions, but it just isn't getting any better than that first time in.

I think it may need an extended 6 hour+ bake.

My pouch is also the older style - it is just on or off, no high or low setting. So I'm not sure how warm it actually gets.

I've had one of mine in for over a week with no issues - and the record was flat when I got it out.
I almost bought the newer pouch because I was having some multiple/longer sessions recently. They were both 180g so I don’t know if that was why.

I almost bought the newer pouch because I was having some multiple/longer sessions recently. They were both 180g so I don’t know if that was why.

I may buy a new one someday. I just unplugged this one now - it was in for almost 7 hours. Gotta let it cool for a bit and I'll see if it is any better.

I would think the heating element would start to wear out at some point. Next time I remember I'll get my grilling meat thermometer and stick it in the bag to see what temp it gets to.

Hey all, if you haven't seen my profile post I'm sidelined with COVID at the moment. I know I have a few LPs from members and even a few new requests. As soon as i'm up and functioning again I'll get everyone taken care of. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Staying positive.
Hang in there, @AnthonyI. Glad to hear from you, we were worried about you.

Hey all, if you haven't seen my profile post I'm sidelined with COVID at the moment. I know I have a few LPs from members and even a few new requests. As soon as i'm up and functioning again I'll get everyone taken care of. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Staying positive.
Sorry to hear. Hope you and yours remain safe, and get well soon.

Staying positive.
Sending positive thoughts your way! Everything you sent back recently has played flawlessly and was flat as it gets!

Get well soon!

Staying positive.
Hang in there! Got to stay positive, hope you get well soon.

Curious if you other vinyl flat owners have had luck using the "other" Groovy discs that are made for dished warps.

Screenshot 2021-01-31 042908.jpg

I never used these until recently as I just found them in my cabinet.

Curious if you other vinyl flat owners have had luck using the "other" Groovy discs that are made for dished warps.

View attachment 86163

I never used these until recently as I just found them in my cabinet.
Honestly my experience was the complete opposite, I found the "full" disc after a while. I've used the one you mentioned on all my warps, dished and edge and have had nothing but success. I'm not sure really how the inclusion and or removal of the label area would effect how it flattens a warp.

Honestly my experience was the complete opposite, I found the "full" disc after a while. I've used the one you mentioned on all my warps, dished and edge and have had nothing but success. I'm not sure really how the inclusion and or removal of the label area would effect how it flattens a warp.

Yeah...that was my thinking, too. I've only used the full ones until just recently when I ordered the newer upgraded bag and saw that the donut style was for dished warps. I ordered a new set of groovy discs a long time ago and never opened the package.

Since I had that first version (smaller diameter VF - didn't work as well on edge warps), I've only used the full size groovy discs. I'll play around with this donut one and see if it does any better. It is a lot thicker than the full version, but I don't really know if that matters in the end.

Yeah...that was my thinking, too. I've only used the full ones until just recently when I ordered the newer upgraded bag and saw that the donut style was for dished warps. I ordered a new set of groovy discs a long time ago and never opened the package.

Since I had that first version (smaller diameter VF - didn't work as well on edge warps), I've only used the full size groovy discs. I'll play around with this donut one and see if it does any better. It is a lot thicker than the full version, but I don't really know if that matters in the end.
So I spent the weekend catching up on flattening requests, I had two separate albums with edge warps so we tried both the full disc and the 12" donut. Both did the job as expected, so I'm not sure the benefit one has over the other. Still wonder what the actual theory behind the two is. Just thought I would report in ;)

Back