Gotta warp, these members can help. [Vinyl Flat]

Ok another favor to ask. I just sold a Dream Theater record on Reddit that has a warp. If I were to include a mailing label to the buyer, would any of you lovely people be willing to flatten the warp? I’d be happy to pay a service fee 😊

Ok another favor to ask. I just sold a Dream Theater record on Reddit that has a warp. If I were to include a mailing label to the buyer, would any of you lovely people be willing to flatten the warp? I’d be happy to pay a service fee 😊
I can do this if no one nearer to you wants to take it!

Received a fresh delivery from @JonnyH today for some sweet flattening.

I’ll start out with his Black Keys records.
The 2nd lp looks to be more warped than the 1st. These warps should come out fairly easy.

Last edited:
Yeah, that first one doesn’t even look like it’s sitting fully on the platter. But that second one, what’s with the debris? Looks like you’re floating a boat down a river! LOL
Lol, it was from the paper inner, I just hadn’t cleaned it yet. I didn’t mention how TIGHT the spindle is either. Luckily @AnthonyI was gracious enough to take this on. I’m gonna get myself a Vinyl Flat one of these days....

So I bought a collection recently and it came with an amazing original press by The Cure that I'd love to have in my collection, but it's warped. Like sat out in the sun on a turntable warped.

Any examples of how bad of a warp you can fix?

So I bought a collection recently and it came with an amazing original press by The Cure that I'd love to have in my collection, but it's warped. Like sat out in the sun on a turntable warped.

Take a quick vid if you can.

It really depends on if the grooves are damaged - other than that I've removed some roller coasters that play fine afterwards.

You really don't know if it's damaged until after you make it playable.

You may not make it completely flat - but the point of the vinyl flat is to make an unplayable record playable to the point of being trackable and not hearing the warp.

Back