Gotta warp, these members can help. [Vinyl Flat]

Hey guys, I got a copy or Cherry Bomb from HHV that I would kill to have flattened out. Its warped on both discs. Not too bad, but it’s definitely noticeable and a bummer. I can give some pics too.
Would be more than happy to pay for shipping beforehand so that all parties feel comfortable. I would prefer Priority Mail, so let me know how much.
Thanks everyone!

Hey guys, I got a copy or Cherry Bomb from HHV that I would kill to have flattened out. Its warped on both discs. Not too bad, but it’s definitely noticeable and a bummer. I can give some pics too.
Would be more than happy to pay for shipping beforehand so that all parties feel comfortable. I would prefer Priority Mail, so let me know how much.
Thanks everyone!

Send me a PM if you want. I have no idea what postage is these days....I'd say ship it...and then send that cost to whoever you use via Paypal.

Hello. I have a couple nasty pry warps on both of the LPs in the recent RSD Black Keys - Let's Rock. And also a warp on a colored vinyl Dead Man's Bones.

So, 3 LPs in total. I'm in WA state. Would someone be willing to help me out?

Hello. I have a couple nasty pry warps on both of the LPs in the recent RSD Black Keys - Let's Rock. And also a warp on a colored vinyl Dead Man's Bones.

I will help if no one else is available, but I’m about as far away as one can get.

Maybe check the list in the OP and ping whoever’s nearby, geographically speaking?

Ditto, if you don't find anyone I can help as well :)

A little update to the process and what's been working for me and pretty much become the default heat/temp/time for me.
  • Pre-heat Groovy pouch with the vinyl flat inside for 45 minutes. (Groovy Pouch set to Medium)
  • Standard to medium weight album cook time - 90 minutes | Heavy weight albums cook time - 105 minutes
  • Let pouch with VF/LP inside cool to room temperature (2-3 hours)
I think the cooling process is just as important as not setting the temp too high, the vinyl will want to go back to it's original state if still flexible enough to do so, so leaving it in the press until absolutely cool is a big step.

It's been great to be able to test and adjust the theory over time and thank you to those who trust me with their LPs ;)

A little update to the process and what's been working for me and pretty much become the default heat/temp/time for me.
  • Pre-heat Groovy pouch with the vinyl flat inside for 45 minutes. (Groovy Pouch set to Medium)
  • Standard to medium weight album cook time - 90 minutes | Heavy weight albums cook time - 105 minutes
I think the cooling process is just as important as not setting the temp too high, the vinyl will want to go back to it's original state if still flexible enough to do so, so leaving it in the press until absolutely cool is a big step.

It's been great to be able to test and adjust the theory over time and thank you to those who trust me with their LPs ;)

I’ll have to try that preheat next time.

I have the older pouch without any settings. It's on or off. It gets warm, but not that hot. I should use my meat thermometer to see how hot it gets.

I usually go an hour then off and let it cool down until I remember to check it the next day. I'll put it on the TT just to see how it looks. - I take before/after video so I can see the progress.

And yes, I think I've mentioned it a few times that the cool down in the bag is just as important as the cooking process - which is why I don't mind leaving it for the next day.

I have the older pouch without any settings. It's on or off. It gets warm, but not that hot. I should use my meat thermometer to see how hot it gets.

I usually go an hour then off and let it cool down until I remember to check it the next day. I'll put it on the TT just to see how it looks. - I take before/after video so I can see the progress.

And yes, I think I've mentioned it a few times that the cool down in the bag is just as important as the cooking process - which is why I don't mind leaving it for the next day.

This is pretty much what I do.

Hello friends!

What is the best way to ship a warped record to a flattener? With just inners sleeves and shipped with cardboard? Another option alltogether?

I thank you for your time. I'll hang up and listen.

Back