Gotta warp, these members can help. [Vinyl Flat]

Here's my advice.
  • Pre-heat the pouch - Turn the pouch on with the plates inside for about 45 minutes
    • If you just toss them in cold and start your time at that point you're not actually giving the vinyl the heat time you think.
  • Start at an 1 hour and 15 minutes
    • I've yet to come across any album that has a problem starting here, with multiple waves, in my experience, the more times you go back the more "damage" you can do to the sound quality. This can also be corrected by the pre-heat stage.
  • Let it cool until the plates are room temperature to the touch.
    • Very imprtant! Vinyl will go back to it's prior state quicker while warm, if you leave it in the plates and pouch until the plates are room temperature to the touch you'll avoid any shifting back to any part of the warp.
Thanks for the tips! I was impatient the first time around and took the record out when the vinyl flat was still slightly warm. After the 1:15 though I let it cool longer til it was room temp.

In your experience, do these wavy/edge warps (as opposed to a dish warp) tend to flatten all the way without completely ruining sound quality by “damaging the grooves” (I think that’s what is intimated in the instructions)?

Thanks for the tips! I was impatient the first time around and took the record out when the vinyl flat was still slightly warm. After the 1:15 though I let it cool longer til it was room temp.

In your experience, do these wavy/edge warps (as opposed to a dish warp) tend to flatten all the way without completely ruining sound quality by “damaging the grooves” (I think that’s what is intimated in the instructions)?
I haven't noticed any audible distortion, if you go back to near the beginning of this thread I actually took some sound waves before and after. As for edge warps, place them at the seem of the pouch, where it folds over, that will always be the hottest spot in the pouch and 99% of the time handles edge warps without a problem.

Just keep in mind that not every warp is fixable, but so far, I've had a pretty solid performance out of the Vinyl Flat and it's been a worth while investment.

Well this is really disappointing and it's not something I can fix. Not only that, but I can't log into the site to get my order number, I can't reset my password because it never sends me the reset email and the help/customer service email bounces back as undeliverable..........love the band, but this is BS. Thanks Evanescence.com I guess we're calling on Monday :(

EDIT: This was not the Evanescence album, it was the latest Middle Kids.......I had Evanescence on deck and mixed them up. That being said, haven't heard a peep from Domino. Still a bit disappointed in what happened trying to get through to the Evanescence folks :(

Not sure if this link will work...

20210403_115133.jpg

Last edited:
Any of you fine people able to help me out...
4D206B9E-846E-4490-961F-AC7BF8C5A83A.gif
I just got a copy of the new Dinosaur Jr LP and it’s got a bit of an edge warp. Is this something a Vinyl Flat would be able to fix and if so, would any of ya be will to help?

Ran into a dumb tech issue on my first attempt flattening a record that may or may not be related to the flattening of the record, but lemme know if any of y'all experience this issue after wiping out a warp (linked from the technical difficulties thread)...

Back