Gotta warp, these members can help. [Vinyl Flat]

i said this on a status the other day, but im deciding to get a vinyl flat and the heat pouch so i can fix some terrible warps within my collection. i appreciate everyone's reviews and process on using the VF and the pouch so i can learn from what you guys suggested. ngl, i am a lil nervous in approaching this, but hopefully it'll be fine. will update in like two months when i receive it and begin using it

i said this on a status the other day, but im deciding to get a vinyl flat and the heat pouch so i can fix some terrible warps within my collection. i appreciate everyone's reviews and process on using the VF and the pouch so i can learn from what you guys suggested. ngl, i am a lil nervous in approaching this, but hopefully it'll be fine. will update in like two months when i receive it and begin using it
Practice
On
Garbage
Vinyl

i think my first try will be on the Jesus is King vinyl, is that considered garbage? :0

The Groovy Pouch should come with a thermometer you can use to gauge which heat level is ideal, since it varies from heater to heater. Make sure you follow the included calibration process to ensure you’re not cooking your records too hot.

The Groovy Pouch should come with a thermometer you can use to gauge which heat level is ideal, since it varies from heater to heater. Make sure you follow the included calibration process to ensure you’re not cooking your records too hot.
when i was reading thru the first posts of the thread, i was confused as to how people were changing the temperature of the pouch, so this actually answers the one question i had left. thanks!

when i was reading thru the first posts of the thread, i was confused as to how people were changing the temperature of the pouch, so this actually answers the one question i had left. thanks!

The pouch uses a little Sunbeam heating unit that can be set to Low, Medium, and High. You use the thermometer to check the temperature at the hottest part of the bag (the inside fold) and use that to gauge which setting is appropriate.

It's fixable. If the vinyl flats can't do it, send it to me and I can take care of it.

That's great to hear, I appreciate it! I never really had a bad enough warp on an album I couldn't get a replacement for and I don't trust the homemade solutions I seen when searching all over haha

If someone in the US (purely just because of the shipping costs) doesn't have confidence they can fix it i'll take you up on that offer for sure as it's def. an album that deserves a proper spot in the collection.

Damnnnn, just went back in this thread a bit more and seen that sexy ass flattening monster you have. I'm guessing that's pretty much the God mode of flattening vinyl? 😲 Had no idea that even existed.

That's great to hear, I appreciate it! I never really had a bad enough warp on an album I couldn't get a replacement for and I don't trust the homemade solutions I seen when searching all over haha

If someone in the US (purely just because of the shipping costs) doesn't have confidence they can fix it i'll take you up on that offer for sure as it's def. an album that deserves a proper spot in the collection.

Damnnnn, just went back in this thread a bit more and seen that sexy ass flattening monster you have. I'm guessing that's pretty much the God mode of flattening vinyl? 😲 Had no idea that even existed.
Its definitely fixable, I would be happy to help, but I'm out of town until the 21st. If you can get someone else on the list to help you out that's great, if not, and you don't mind waiting I can take care of it once I get back :)

Yeah it's pretty great, but even it's not foolproof. I've had a couple of melting issues with colored vinyl that must have been made with some dodgy materials, but those were older. But fit the most part yes it's pretty awesome, set the timer and several hours later you've got a perfectly flat album. It only heats the label and the run in groove so it doesn't touch the grooves so there's no chance it will affect the audio quality. Although the vinyl flat scientists on here have it down to a... uh.. science so that's not even an issue with them.

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone in here offering to help, it's really appreciated! LeeVing said he'd give it a try and he's fairly close so i'm going to send it off to him soon and let him work that magic.

Yeah it's pretty great, but even it's not foolproof. I've had a couple of melting issues with colored vinyl that must have been made with some dodgy materials, but those were older. But fit the most part yes it's pretty awesome, set the timer and several hours later you've got a perfectly flat album. It only heats the label and the run in groove so it doesn't touch the grooves so there's no chance it will affect the audio quality. Although the vinyl flat scientists on here have it down to a... uh.. science so that's not even an issue with them.

That makes sense. First results I seen were people that put a piece of glass on each side of the record and put it in an oven. I couldn't see how the grooves wouldn't get extremely damaged but after a bit more looking I seen that the vinyl flat and your lil beast are obviously a completely different level especially with some practice. I might have to end up getting one eventually.

Does the vinyl flat ever go on sale or is it pretty much just a set, steady price?

Does the vinyl flat ever go on sale or is it pretty much just a set, steady price?

I don't think I've ever seen it go on sale. When I bought my 2nd vinyl flat the guy gave me a slight discount since I had bought the first flat and groovy bag somewhat recently - the new version was bigger and needed a new bag to fit it.

I sold off my used one for a decent price, so that was nice.

Back