Fresh Grabs

FYI: half of that Technicolor Paradise set is at a good price on Discogs; I got mine in a limited drop recently.

Daiquiri Dirges​

definitely my favorite disc in the set—i was fairly content just with that single LP after missing the first pressing of the box, which retailed at like $40.

the whole thing is pretty stunning though—great liner notes, amazing design, some fantastic cuts throughout the other two discs. i was thrilled to see it get repressed, but couldn't bite at twice the original price—mercifully, it was only $30 at friday's "dinger sale" :cool:

So is the po box for convenience or so Mrs does not see how much you order?

Oh, there's no hiding it from her. Even if I wanted to! But our building got a parcel locker at the beginning of the year so they can just leave the key in our mailbox to whichever locker holds our stuff, which has drastically reduced my number of trips to the pharmacy post office to pick stuff up now that I'm not home all day most days like when we first moved here. It's great!

🤯🤯
View attachment 157708

Not pictured, the accompanying Delivery Notice for a COD pick-up at the post office tomorrow... getting dinged for duties or taxes! 🙄

20221117_150554.jpg

A nice spread from Deep Discount, Taz Records, Paladin Vinyl and a couple of Discogs orders.

The Tony Fruscella is a @Hemotep recommendation I'm looking forward to digging into and The Weakerthans: Live at The Burton Cummings Theatre will be headed off to complete @Jan's Weakerthans collection shortly for cracking this month's AotM but already having a copy (Germany seems to have a thing for really literate and witty Canadian songwriters - I like it!)

The Sun Ra: Solo Piano - Volume 1 was an impulse grab for a little under half of the average going price for a copy. The sleeve has a bit of a nasty bottom corner bump, but the vinyl is immaculate. When looking for some things to add to it and thin out the shipping cost, I was ecstatic to discover the seller had a copy of the one record (that I didn't even know existed) by one of my favourite Canadian Poets, so the Alden Nowlan record was a very nerdy surprise.

The 7" is Celestial Blues by the Chickenwing All Stars, featuring Shabaka Hutchings on Tenor Sax.

View attachment 157714

A nice spread from Deep Discount, Taz Records, Paladin Vinyl and a couple of Discogs orders.

The Tony Fruscella is a @Hemotep recommendation I'm looking forward to digging into and The Weakerthans: Live at The Burton Cummings Theatre will be headed off to complete @Jan's Weakerthans collection shortly for cracking this month's AotM but already having a copy (Germany seems to have a thing for really literate and witty Canadian songwriters - I like it!)

The Sun Ra: Solo Piano - Volume 1 was an impulse grab for a little under half of the average going price for a copy. The sleeve has a bit of a nasty bottom corner bump, but the vinyl is immaculate. When looking for some things to add to it and thin out the shipping cost, I was ecstatic to discover the seller had a copy of the one record (that I didn't even know existed) by one of my favourite Canadian Poets, so the Alden Nowlan record was a very nerdy surprise.

The 7" is Celestial Blues by the Chickenwing All Stars, featuring Shabaka Hutchings on Tenor Sax.
That Zapp album is the best!

Had to go pick up a prescription tonight at the pharmacy where my local post office is. My C.O.D. package technically wasn't going to be ready until tomorrow afternoon, but I figured I'd check and sure enough, they had it! Bummer to get dinged for taxes and handling, unexpectedly - but it was a fraction of the cost of when UPS, DHL and the like do it, so not too horrific.

In honour of Reconstruction Site being this month's N&G Album of the Month, I went a little bonkers at Vinyl For Less and decided to fill out my own Weakerthans and John K. Samson collection! (Now the only one I don't have is the one I'm sending to @Jan this weekend! 🤣)

20221117_204843.jpg

I want to thank @Ethos99 again for collaborating and offering up such a great deal on this month's AotM, and these peripheral releases too! In addition to everything else he's been doing for this community of vinyl fiends. Way cool.

Had to go pick up a prescription tonight at the pharmacy where my local post office is. My C.O.D. package technically wasn't going to be ready until tomorrow afternoon, but I figured I'd check and sure enough, they had it! Bummer to get dinged for taxes and handling, unexpectedly - but it was a fraction of the cost of when UPS, DHL and the like do it, so not too horrific.

In honour of Reconstruction Site being this month's N&G Album of the Month, I went a little bonkers at Vinyl For Less and decided to fill out my own Weakerthans and John K. Samson collection! (Now the only one I don't have is the one I'm sending to @Jan this weekend! 🤣)

View attachment 157756

I want to thank @Ethos99 again for collaborating and offering up such a great deal on this month's AotM, and these peripheral releases too! In addition to everything else he's been doing for this community of vinyl fiends. Way cool.
Oh now, i feel bad about that Live album. You should have kept the first copy for yourself

Back