Fresh Grabs

20210703_140626.jpg

Mail drop today. Had been holding off on these Phish albums, but finally was able to listen to some uploads on YouTube and found new copies for $16 each on ebay. Added on the Lips album to that haul. Then had a $10 credit on udiscover and grabbed that Ludacris album on the last day of the summer sale. Can't believe it arrived so quickly. And they sent the 3D lenticular cover one, so not bad for a free score I wouldn't have bought otherwise.

View attachment 104601
Yeah so I just found this. Did some research and some owners of the OG pressing say that it's sounds very good. I'm going to take a bite and try it out for myself. Flippers are already selling them high online of course.

Red colored vinyl. Not a good cover image. Oh well I don't want to pay the crazy prices for an original pressing and apparently the rights to the album are being held under ransom since Dreamworks Music folded and was bought by another corporation so the band itself can't get it reissued. Or something like that...

with that sticker it looks like it's a bootleg, yes?

Mail drop today. Had been holding off on these Phish albums, but finally was able to listen to some uploads on YouTube and found new copies for $16 each on ebay. Added on the Lips album to that haul. Then had a $10 credit on udiscover and grabbed that Ludacris album on the last day of the summer sale. Can't believe it arrived so quickly. And they sent the 3D lenticular cover one, so not bad for a free score I wouldn't have bought otherwise.

Ive ordered a copy of the new Lawn Boy reissue as a last ditch effort to find value in Phish at all. We'll see how it goes.

Also, idk if the 2nd & Charles close to you is like mine- but they have hands down, the most comically insane used vinyl pricing I've ever seen in my life.

Ive ordered a copy of the new Lawn Boy reissue as a last ditch effort to find value in Phish at all. We'll see how it goes.

Also, idk if the 2nd & Charles close to you is like mine- but they have hands down, the most comically insane used vinyl pricing I've ever seen in my life.
Absolutely insane prices. And a mostly terrible selection. But I live across the street from one so I go and thumb through every now and again. I did find that rsd Soul Asylum box set that came out a couple years ago on clearance for $20 there. But never been that lucky in there since.

Oh yeah, and I had only really loved the Farmhouse album up until recently. When Sigma Oasis came out I got hooked on it and have been listening to live shows online since. So am expanding the collection a little now.

Absolutely insane prices. And a mostly terrible selection. But I live across the street from one so I go and thumb through every now and again. I did find that rsd Soul Asylum box set that came out a couple years ago on clearance for $20 there. But never been that lucky in there since.

I've heard a secondhand story at my local from someone that worked there, and actually had the courage to tell an area manager that pricing a copy of The Rolling Stones- Undercover at $40 just wasn't natural. He said the manager looked horrified, picked up a copy of Damn The Torpedos that was priced at $68 and said "these are the greatest albums in the world. "

Oh yeah, and I had only really loved the Farmhouse album up until recently. When Sigma Oasis came out I got hooked on it and have been listening to live shows online since. So am expanding the collection a little now.

I was at Bonnaroo in 2009 when they played a special midnight show. I remember thinking that if I couldn't get into Phish at Roo at midnight while considerably smashed then it wasn't going to happen. It didn't. I left halfway through some song I had lost track of, I think i got lost to my campsite and drunkenly kicked down a fence.

But the next time they played Roo i was driving home and heard it on the live cast and kind of liked it. So I don't know what my problem is with this band

Right! I was excited about this album when it was initially released but then it kinda got lost in the shuffle, now he’s got a new album on the way and made me want to add some of his back catalog.

Really been digging that Steve Gunn record recently.

Appreciate the Steve Gunn reference. Added to my want list!

I found the BonB tribute.

Last edited:
Yeah I think it's this boot that came out this year. I saw it at a 2nd and Charles last week for $50.
AFI - Sing The Sorrow

Url: AFI – Sing The Sorrow (2021, Red Translucent, Vinyl)

Shared from the Discogs App
Yep. People have said that it sold out everywhere online but I expect it to stay in print like this probably. My local store most likely got it through their distribution seller. One of the employees I know said that the company who does these are actually pretty decent sounding. I saw a bunch of rare Hip-Hop stuff at the stores too. Plenty of Frank Ocean records as well lol

Mark de Clive-Lowe - Heritage II

20210703_133336.jpg

Well, I already managed to sabotage my No Buy July...

I streamed both volumes of Heritage a lot last weekend during the heatwave and my dig through some of the year one AotMs. On Monday I checked in with my local and was told one of their distributors had them listed but were out of stock so they didn't know how long they would take, if they came at all. I figured it would be worth putting them on backorder and if they came in down the line: great! Well, I got an email yesterday and this one had already shown up, four days later! 🤣

So I guess now its No (More) Buy July.

How’s that Bill Evans?
If you like Bill Evans, I think you'll enjoy the album. It's not his best live material, as far as song selection, but it is actually recorded really well. Drums and bass are very clear and upfront. The piano sometimes seems slightly pushed back in the mix though. It has extensive liner notes inside the gatefold, and the pressing is rather well done, 180g in RTI style inner sleeves. Not sure if RTI pressed this. Seems like they may have. It's very similar to the RSD Evans albums they release every year in terms of quality. But only $30 instead of $50. The band is also playing very well, though I could do with less bass solos using a bow (that's just me though).

Last edited:

This is a great one.

I used to ask those clowns to press this, as well as the Gabor Szabo and Ladies & Gentleman We Are Floating in Space, back on the old forum. The minute they jack the prices through the roof and I leave for good, they start releasing all of them.

This is a great one.

I used to ask those clowns to press this, as well as the Gabor Szabo and Ladies & Gentleman We Are Floating in Space, back on the old forum. The minute they jack the prices through the roof and I leave for good, they start releasing all of them.

This tracks.

Back