Fresh Grabs

Definitely! Everything I buy from Warp is usually pressed really well. But this Squarepusher reissue is really nice. Even the 10-inch comes in a polylined inner sleeve! Ha ha. Looking forward to reading the booklet. I definitely need more drum and bass LPs in my collection (though this Squarepusher LP isn't solely in that vein).
Yeah the booklet is great. It includes a nice write up by Tom Jenkinson and an equipment list on what he used to record each track. Hopefully Warp will reissue Hard Normal Daddy next.

Last edited:
Can you please let us know how the Soul Soundtrack is ? Is it mix of Baptiste jazz and Trent/Atticus atmospheres ?
As @zdkaiser said, this one is the Baptiste one. Its really good (at least my copy is) and splits between original compositions and more familiar standards.

The only thing I would say is that the tracks are incredibly short. Some are only 20-30 seconds whilst others are 2- mins. It would have been nice for them to have been fully realised, but its still a really fun album that perfectly captures the mood of the film.

As @zdkaiser said, this one is the Baptiste one. Its really good (at least my copy is) and splits between original compositions and more familiar standards.

The only thing I would say is that the tracks are incredibly short. Some are only 20-30 seconds whilst others are 2- mins. It would have been nice for them to have been fully realised, but its still a really fun album that perfectly captures the mood of the film.
I believe there are two separate releases. The score is Reznor/Atticus and then the soundtrack is the jazz tunes by Baptiste

Looks like there are 3 separate releases, the one thumbs has there is Jon Baptiste - Music From and Inspired by Soul and seems to be a Vinyl exclusive: Jon Baptiste Music From and Inspired by Soul

20210708_134134.jpg

Since all 3 notifications came at pretty much the exact same time, I really expected my Dorothy Ashby to be with these two, but it turns out it has its own tracking number that doesn't appear to even work. And my Merle Haggard for which I received a notification half an hour or so after these actually has no tracking number at all. So I got my shipping notice a few hours ago for my July ROTMs and have literally no clue where my June ROTMs even are! 🤣

Been bad with the vinyl purchases these past few months. Still have a handful on the way.

9vX3sTd.jpg

Frankie and the Witch Fingers - Brain Telephone

6JTmblH.jpg

The Murlocs - Bittersweet Demons

Nice to finally see this land
n5MNhtt.jpg

STRFKR - Reptilians

MWmALq7.jpg

Primus - Frizzle Fry (completes my Primus discography)
Mastodon - Once More Round The Sun

ViENTGg.jpg

Incubus - Morning View
“Aqueous Transmission” has been my song of solace these past so many weeks so I thought I might as well grab the vinyl.

Some fresh… ish… Grabs. Vaguely representing most if not all grabs of the past half-year… Glad to say that everything here sounds excellent, although Seventh Tree and Big Mess both have slight noise issues, not a bother on the former and only mildly one on the latter.

Talking Heads - Remain in Light

20210709_123920.jpg

SWANS - Children of God

20210709_123831.jpg

Battles - Mirrored

20210709_124031.jpg

Goldfrapp - Seventh Tree {thanks @tvham for pointing out this was coming}

20210709_123706.jpg

Hiroshi Yoshimura - Green

20210709_123553.jpg

Danny Elfman - Big Mess

20210709_123235.jpg20210709_123324.jpg