Fresh Grabs

Bill Evans Trio - On A Friday Evening
"Well made music" per the deadwax.

Jon Hopkins - Piano Versions EP (blue variant). I love all of Jon's music, from his quiet solo piano recordings to his lengthy techno bangers. He's an incredible composer and musician. This EP also has a cover of one of my favorite Thom Yorke songs, Dawn Chorus.

Phish - Lawnboy repress.
Bag it, tag it...

0702211456~2.jpg
0702211453_HDR~2.jpg
0702211458~2.jpg0702211503~2.jpg

Beautiful but boy is she noisy 🙃. Been a while since I've had a record play with this many snap and crackles out of the sleeve, still need to give it a clean though to be fair.
do you have a record cleaning machine or a local shop where you can use one ?

Bill Evans Trio - On A Friday Evening
"Well made music" per the deadwax.

Jon Hopkins - Piano Versions EP (blue variant). I love all of Jon's music, from his quiet solo piano recordings to his lengthy techno bangers. He's an incredible composer and musician. This EP also has a cover of one of my favorite Thom Yorke songs, Dawn Chorus.

Phish - Lawnboy repress.
Bag it, tag it...

View attachment 104528
View attachment 104529
View attachment 104530View attachment 104531
How’s that Bill Evans?

Payday Fresh Grabs
85D11977-1F52-4199-8426-9D14BA87D76E.jpeg

David Grisman Quintet - The David Grisman Quintet
John Hartford - Aereo-Plain
Dwight Yoakam - Hillbilly DeLuxe
Neil Young - American Stars ‘N Bars

All of these were picked up from my local. Really happy to add the Grisman and Hartford as both exceptional and pioneering “Newgrass” albums. Hillbilly DeLux is another fantastic album from Dwight and another Neil Young album for the collection.

1D7E586D-35DC-49F7-8C64-8656FD536AD3.jpeg

My Morning Jacket - It Still Moves
Phish - Lawn Boy
Steve Gunn - The Unseen In Between
Smith Western - Smith Westerns

Kenny Dorham - Una Mas (One More Time)
Another batch of albums from my local. This is my THIRD different pressing on It Still Moves, I had an early non-remastered copy that was a bit noisy, then I got the deluxe remastered 4xLP version but I really preferred the original album artwork, so now I have this version that has the original artwork plus the remastered Chris Bellman pressing. Hopefully I will be good now. Lawn Boy was my first Phish CD. Glad to have it on vinyl. I just decided I needed some Steve Gunn albums on wax, this is my first but I will likely be adding more in the near future. Smith Western was the precursor to the band Whitney, this was their debut, some bratty Lo-fi Rock. Then The Kenny was the recent Blue Note 80 reissue, I really enjoyed Quiet Kenny so figured I needed this too.
41FC5BD9-1966-4554-9EFF-D866E60DBF9A.jpeg
I’ve decided I am gonna try to collect all of the 90s “The Year In Music” Spin issues I have 92 and 94 already. I got this copy of 98 off eBay for $1.77. I also just picked up this mass market paperback copy of Tarantino’s Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. I couldn’t resist the movie was great and this book is made like it was printed in 1969.

Last edited:
Payday Fresh Grabs
View attachment 104553

David Grisman Quintet - The David Grisman Quintet
John Hartford - Aereo-Plain
Dwight Yoakam - Hillbilly DeLuxe
Neil Young - American Stars ‘N Bars

All of these were picked up from my local. Really happy to add the Grisman and Hartford are both exceptional and pioneering “Newgrass” albums. Hillbilly DeLux is another fantastic album from Dwight and another Neil Young album for the collection.

View attachment 104554

My Morning Jacket - It Still Moves
Phish - Lawn Boy
Steve Gunn - The Unseen In Between
Smith Western - Smith Westerns

Kenny Dorham - Una Mas (One More Time)
Another batch of albums from my local. This is my THIRD different pressing on It Still Moves, I had an early non-remastered copy that was a bit noisy, then I got the deluxe remastered 4xLP version but I really preferred the original album artwork, so now I have this version that has the original artwork plus the remastered Chris Bellman pressing. Hopefully I will be good now. Lawn Boy was my first Phish CD. Glad to have it on vinyl. I just decided I needed some Steve Gunn albums on wax, this is my first but I will likely be adding more in the near future. Smith Western was the precursor to the band Whitney, this was their debut, some bratty Lo-fi Rock. Then The Kenny was the recent Blue Note 80 reissue, I really enjoyed Quiet Kenny so figured I needed this too.
View attachment 104555
I’ve decided I am gonna try to collect all of the 90s “The Year In Music” Spin issues I have 92 and 94 already. I got this copy of 98 off eBay for $1.77. I also just picked up this mass market paperback copy of Tarantino’s Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. I couldn’t resist the movie was great and this book is made like it was printed in 1969.
Really been digging that Steve Gunn record recently.

Right! I was excited about this album when it was initially released but then it kinda got lost in the shuffle, now he’s got a new album on the way and made me want to add some of his back catalog.
Yep, same. Plus I got my hands on a Bob Dylan tribute comp from a few years ago that he appears on and have been listening to that almost nonstop.

Please share the title ? Thanks kindly
Guessing it’s this…
Yep, same. Plus I got my hands on a Bob Dylan tribute comp from a few years ago that he appears on and have been listening to that almost nonstop.
And that’s a pretty rad comp, I love Jim O’Rourke and Ryley Walker too. I gonna have to download this today.

Guessing it’s this…

And that’s a pretty rad comp, I love Jim O’Rourke and Ryley Walker too. I gonna have to download this today.
Yep, that's the one. If either of you can't find it, DM me and I'll upload it a little bit later on today.

PXL_20210703_172025614.jpg
Yeah so I just found this. Did some research and some owners of the OG pressing say that it's sounds very good. I'm going to take a bite and try it out for myself. Flippers are already selling them high online of course.

Red colored vinyl. Not a good cover image. Oh well I don't want to pay the crazy prices for an original pressing and apparently the rights to the album are being held under ransom since Dreamworks Music folded and was bought by another corporation so the band itself can't get it reissued. Or something like that...

Back