Fresh Grabs

Saw that Philly comp in the Amazon warehouse while I was bored during a meeting, 15ish, if anyone else is in the mood for a warehouse gamble...

I imagine those will get hard to find when vmp drops the Philly intl box

a bunch of pre-orders finally landed these past few weeks:

Cedric Burnside - I be trying - limited edition/autographed/colored vinyl
Daniel Norgren - Buck (not a pre-order, just filling a discography gap)
Daniel Norgren - Live
St. Vincent - Daddy's home - bronze version
Soul Slabs Vol.3 Record Store edition red vinyl (had to get it from Lithuania!)

1624962229523.png

Some fresh grabs by me.
From Amazon some bargains
Earth, Wind & Fire "The Best of Vol 1" and
Triggerfinger "Colossus"

IMG_20210629_125515.jpg

And I finally was lucky to get some good deals with the German retailer MediaMarkt, they had 30 % off recently. I've got some more on my orders site from them and hope they get through.

Mdou Moctar "Afrique Victime"
Celeste "Not your muse" (12 track edition)

IMG_20210629_125651.jpg

Buena Vista Social Club
Linkin Park "Hybrid Theory"

IMG_20210629_125550.jpg

Still Corners "The Last Exit"
Alfie Templeman "Foerever isn't long enough"

IMG_20210629_125631.jpg

Black Midi "Cavalcade"

And from HHV: Squid "Bright Green Field" in limited green vinyl

IMG_20210629_125614.jpg

I keep going back and forth on this Brain Telephone press. How does it sound?
Fantastic sounding press. Not a single pop or crackle on either side. The stereo effect is great, both through speakers and especially with my headphones. Really happy with this pickup, even though if I would have just waited to order it I would have snagged one of those copies on discogs going for $10 less then I paid!

Preorder for the 50th anniversary version of Grateful Dead / Skull & Roses came in this morning. Sounds great, especially compared to my well worn, much loved used version.

View attachment 104173
Fingers crossed mine shows up. The Dead store says it shipped but sent me bunk tracking info. Been waiting a few days on a reply from CS.

Fantastic sounding press. Not a single pop or crackle on either side. The stereo effect is great, both through speakers and especially with my headphones. Really happy with this pickup, even though if I would have just waited to order it I would have snagged one of those copies on discogs going for $10 less then I paid!
Man, I might just grab it. Every time I check Discogs it gets $3-4 cheaper. Been meaning to get into these guys for a while now and this is a pretty decent album.

Appreciate the info. ✌️

Mail day! I have gotten a ton of stuff recently that I haven't taken pictures of but this is the latest bunch.

Most of it is courtesy of a free gift card I got to Amazon. And yes, that is indeed the illustrious $4 Garth Brooks boxset (despite being from Texas, I probably can't name a single Garth Brooks song so this will be quite the educational experience for me.

I actually already have that Half Waif album but I really needed the colored variant because I have been obsessed with that album since I first heard it.

IMG_4324.jpg

Back