Fresh Grabs

TriZE7.jpg

One is the original copy I got where track 1 of both sides is unplayable.

One is a replacement Amazon sent me that was lost in the mail for a week - multiple "Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility" warnings - This arrived on Monday.

One is a replacement for the replacement - I tried to cancel it, but Amazon said it was not possible. I don't know if I'll be contacted to send it back. This arrived on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Got Radiohead In Rainbows 2x 45/2x CD Box + KB Perros de Amor (2018 RE) + Supertramp Breakfast in America (MFSL).

Fact: In Rainbows Box too tall for kallax shelf. On top it goes.

Attachments

• AD118658-583C-40DB-A59C-84ACDEDA9447.jpeg
    AD118658-583C-40DB-A59C-84ACDEDA9447.jpeg
    242 KB · Views: 18
  • CC180392-10ED-4A05-85F5-DD683E7F8235.jpeg
    CC180392-10ED-4A05-85F5-DD683E7F8235.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 19
View attachment 7556

So this is a new one. Amazon.UK just shipped me two replacements in whatever this is. That is at least 3 feet long by two feet wide... And there's two of them. Absolutely bizarre.

I received one of these a while ago, with the record album inside receiving quite a bit of hits (resulting in corner crushes and a few jacket creases). Didn't bother to return it because the item was cheap enough.

20190620_130740.jpg

The inaugural Needles and Grooves AoTM (Vol. 0) and the leading contender to be the first AoTM (Vol. 1) arrived a day apart. I also saw a copy of Heritage II back in stock at Amazon earlier this morning and placed an order for it.

Also decided to audition the Verve Vital Vinyl series with two albums featuring Oscar Peterson.

I received one of these a while ago, with the record album inside receiving quite a bit of hits (resulting in corner crushes and a few jacket creases). Didn't bother to return it because the item was cheap enough.
Contained within each monstrosity was another proper mailer so both albums actually arrived unscathed but like... what in the hell?

That's a relief to hear. That outer box/envelope is huge, isn't it?

That’s standard vinyl packaging in the U.K. from amazon , a massive box with the vinyl in another mailer inside , and if you have anything else ordered they chuck that inside loose . Huge waste of card but they do make sure the vinyl tends to arrive unscathed

Got Radiohead In Rainbows 2x 45/2x CD Box + KB Perros de Amor (2018 RE) + Supertramp Breakfast in America (MFSL).

We had a discussion about this in the old forum @Joe Mac blew my mind when he said you could just rotate it and store on the other side and then it fits in the kallax. I personally still don't do it as I like the spine facing outwards so you can read the text but I have another non kallax shelf where it fits.

Contained within each monstrosity was another proper mailer so both albums actually arrived unscathed but like... what in the hell?

Yeah this weird double packaging of in a mailer inside a big box is amazon uk’s weird new standard packaging. Did you get the weird bubble wrap with the ginormous bubbles in there too?

happiness is....

View attachment 7564

from the top:
Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - Musst Musst
this is the seminal album by the Pakistani Qawwali vocalist, for the first time collaborating with a western guitarist/producer.
first ever album in Urdu to make it into British charts.
it's an amazing exploration of sounds, and it includes a magical Massive Attack remix

Alice Clark - HHV repress (red vinyl)
I had to get it because of the great feedback received in this forum

Colemine Soul Slabs Vol.2 -2xLP standard black
this one doesn't need explanations

Weyes Blood _ Titanic Rising - standard black,
because I couldn't trust VMP to deliver their exclusive version, and waiting is tiring....

Joy Division - Unknown pleasure 40th anniversary special edition (red vinyl)
it's a piece of history and required listening
(I played this and wasn't impressed on the sound, but my system is not audiophile, so maybe it was it.... I'm interested on other people impression on this)

200 outer sleeves (not in picture), because I need to start taking care of my records
That Nusrat is great. There's a couple of reissues of his more traditional stuff around too that I recommend getting. I love his voice.

Yeah this weird double packaging of in a mailer inside a big box is amazon uk’s weird new standard packaging. Did you get the weird bubble wrap with the ginormous bubbles in there too?
No actually, just that enormous flat cardboard mailer thing with a smaller mailer inside it just banging around. With like one haphazard piece of tape holding it together...

No actually, just that enormous flat cardboard mailer thing with a smaller mailer inside it just banging around. With like one haphazard piece of tape holding it together...

The last couple of packages I’ve had have had a couple records in so maybe that’s been between them? Or maybe they ran out of it? Or maybe the staff don’t give a fuck because they work for a pittance for a bunch of bastards and just pack randomly depending on how much or little of a fuck they give on any given day? Who knows?

We had a discussion about this in the old forum @Joe Mac blew my mind when he said you could just rotate it and store on the other side and then it fits in the kallax. I personally still don't do it as I like the spine facing outwards so you can read the text but I have another non kallax shelf where it fits.
First the noodle hack, now the rainbow hack. Will N&G ever cease to blow my mind with simple yet effective tricks?!

This must be what dogs feel like when they see their owners disappear behind tossed up blankets.

Holy carp! So Rainbows came with the spine a little messed up. Not horrible but disappointing. The seller did not know how to pack vinyl, let alone a box - it was put in a bubble mailer. I knew they weren’t a seasoned record seller - they only had 20 seller feedback, seemingly nothing for records, and they graded the set as “used”. I paid 125 on an auction which is right at Cogs median. Just got partial refund of 75! 50 for this set is killer. Discs play great. Classy seller.

View attachment 7556

So this is a new one. Amazon.UK just shipped me two replacements in whatever this is. That is at least 3 feet long by two feet wide... And there's two of them. Absolutely bizarre.

@Mather this is a regular occurrence for me, I have had 4 of them in the past week alone. They put the record in a smaller mailer inside this box with some brown paper to pack it. Its madness.

Back