Fresh Grabs

I'm about to go on a 5-week holiday (not bad, I know) and I'm getting tied up in knots. As I buy most stuff mail order and the post office only keeps stuff so long, I'm having to hold back on ordering stuff until I know its close enough to when I come back. It feels weird having stuff pile up in my Juno shopping cart. Anyway, here are my last 4 from there before I leave.

Durand Jones and Kelly Finnigan - I blame on @Lee Newman and the Colemine thread. Rhiannon Giddens is just the kind of wonderful folk/bluegrass/whatever that I love. And I think it was a Sounds of the Universe news letter that tipped me off to the cracking soul of Ann Sexton. Not quite sure how I'm going to manage for 5 weeks without vinyl - wish me luck!
20190620_175259.jpg

Last edited:
I'm about to go on a 5-week holiday (not bad, I know) and I'm getting tied up in knots. As I buy most stuff mail order and the post office only keeps stuff so long, I'm having to hold back on ordering stuff until I know its close enough to when I come back. It feels weird having stuff pile up in my Juno shopping cart. Anyway, here are my last 4 from there before I leave.

Durand Jones and Kelly Finnigan - I blame on @Lee Newman and the Coalmine thread. Rhiannon Giddens is just the kind of wonderful folk/bluegrass/whatever that I love. And I think it was a Sounds of the Universe news letter that tipped me off to the cracking soul of Ann Sexton. Not quite sure how I'm going to manage for 5 weeks without vinyl - wish me luck!
View attachment 7584
Given the contents of this box. I know must check out this Ann Sexton Record. Hey, @Crabbers i get blamed for Colemine and no recognition for all the Bluegrassy stuff I praise. Lol.

Did yours look anything like this?
View attachment 6615

Damn wtf?! You know I’d contact amazon and tell them the contents were damaged. Usually they’ll just refund you and let you keep the item. I got patio furniture from them and the glass top was shattered and I called them and they wouldn’t even send a replacement, they just refunded me.

eBay steal arrived today. Someone asking $50 for a “used but unplayed” copy of the special edition of A Moon Shaped Pool. Offered/paid $40. Besides some insig splitting on record holders, is perfect.

I love EBay steals. Got a few auctions ending in a couple of days and some today and if all holds up, i’ll Be getting some awesome albums on the cheap cheap!

I love EBay steals. Got a few auctions ending in a couple of days and some today and if all holds up, i’ll Be getting some awesome albums on the cheap cheap!
Awesome, you say? Which auctions would these be? Asking for no particular, swooping reasons...

Damn wtf?! You know I’d contact amazon and tell them the contents were damaged. Usually they’ll just refund you and let you keep the item. I got patio furniture from them and the glass top was shattered and I called them and they wouldn’t even send a replacement, they just refunded me.
I Really should.

I completely forgot I ordered this. 🤔
qNTylPl.jpg

And it still hasn't got a shipping date from VMP. Wonder if this will also get mysteriously delayed...

There is nothing mysterious about these kinds of fuck ups in a company run by a bunch of inexperienced people with no history of stock management running a company whose customer experience relies as much on logistics as curation...

Back