Fresh Grabs

I don't know what to do with enamel pins, but I love them

Ya gotta get a nice denim jacket. I collect pins like I collect records (well, maybe not that bad) and I wear a jacket almost everyday (unless it’s too hot) . I love switching up my “flair” on the regular. They are like tiny trophies I award myself for appreciating pop culture and they are a bit less assuming than say a graphic t-shirt. Plus as a dude in my mid 30’s I’d feel a bit weird wearing a Brak shirt to work.

Anyone in Europe has received their QOTSA or EODM record yet ? UPS tracking seems to stop in the US a week ago for me.

So Walmart has exclusives now? Had to do it.

View attachment 7636
I mean Don’t you only really only need the Bill Medley and Jennifer Warner’s #1 single (I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life)? My mom had that 45 and she wore it out when I was a youngin’. This and Peter Cetera’s single from the Karate Kid 2 soundtrack “Glory of Love”. Some fantastic 1980’s velveeta Gold right there.

View attachment 7637
Ya gotta get a nice denim jacket. I collect pins like I collect records (well, maybe not that bad) and I wear a jacket almost everyday (unless it’s too hot) . I love switching up my “flair” on the regular. They are like tiny trophies I award myself for appreciating pop culture and they are a bit less assuming than say a graphic t-shirt. Plus as a dude in my mid 30’s I’d feel a bit weird wearing a Brak shirt to work.

My wife and I put our pins on our sweaters and jackets, as well. We aren't super loud or performative pop culture fans, so, one or two discreet pins on a solid color sweater or nicer jacket is the right level for us. I usually wear one of my pins on my Dodgers hat too. My wife used to also put pins on a purse that had a hole pattern but she had a pin that fell off twice and almost got lost twice so she stopped doing that.

That said, I also had a customer send me a photo of her awesome and elaborate jean jacket covered entirely in Captain Marvel themed pins, so, if you can pull it off and rock it, you can go wild with wearing pins. Some people will put them on a wall-mounted cork board or flag and display them as collectibles. There are also cute bags with clear panels made for displaying pins affixed to the inner lining. If you can puncture it and keep the pin from falling it, you can use it to display a little flash of color/personality via pins.

Anyone in Europe has received their QOTSA or EODM record yet ? UPS tracking seems to stop in the US a week ago for me.
Hey buddy, I got my copy of QOTSA - Lullabies To Paralyse last week. I wasn’t actually tracking it so I’m not sure the timings of each stage but I will see if I can still access it and let you know.

View attachment 7637
I aaaalmost wrote "I think I'm gonna have to get a jean jacket for my enamel pins" when I posted. Thing is, I will not wear it. Maybe an army surplus messenger bag.

It seems to me like Walmart would be the kind of company that’s against dirty dancing, like John Lithgow’s character.
Pfft that’s Footloose
More like Walmart seems like someone who’d put the“dirty dancing” soundtrack in the corner a’la Jerry Orbach’s character.
Yeah this post was just an excuse to post 80’s movie gifs.

My wife and I put our pins on our sweaters and jackets, as well. We aren't super loud or performative pop culture fans, so, one or two discreet pins on a solid color sweater or nicer jacket is the right level for us. I usually wear one of my pins on my Dodgers hat too. My wife used to also put pins on a purse that had a hole pattern but she had a pin that fell off twice and almost got lost twice so she stopped doing that.

That said, I also had a customer send me a photo of her awesome and elaborate jean jacket covered entirely in Captain Marvel themed pins, so, if you can pull it off and rock it, you can go wild with wearing pins. Some people will put them on a wall-mounted cork board or flag and display them as collectibles. There are also cute bags with clear panels made for displaying pins affixed to the inner lining. If you can puncture it and keep the pin from falling it, you can use it to display a little flash of color/personality via pins.
Yeah my GF has a nice collection of RuPaul Drag Race queens in enamel pin form that she too rocks on her purse. On Etsy you can buy “locking” pin backers for a few bucks that require an Allen wrench to remove/add. I invested in these after losing a couple and while they aren’t super convenient I have yet to lose a pin since we started using em.

I mean Don’t you only really only need the Bill Medley and Jennifer Warner’s #1 single (I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life)? My mom had that 45 and she wore it out when I was a youngin’. This and Peter Cetera’s single from the Karate Kid 2 soundtrack “Glory of Love”. Some fantastic 1980’s velveeta Gold right there.
It’s a very solid soundtrack overall in my opinion. Maybe it’s the nostalgia

Got my Bespoke box today, hard to beat these 4 for $10.

View attachment 7673

Very nice! My box was nearly identical, except I got Sarah Webster Fabio instead of Loretta Lynn.

My Byrd inexplicably had ringwear on the back cover, but at $28 for the four, I can't complain. Record looked and sounded fine.

Meanwhile, here's a Goodwill thrift store find from yesterday. A dollar per record:

xKSYlyk.jpg

That Harry Partch/John Cage might be the most "conventional" record of the lot, lol

Back